Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 10:50 PM

Default Re: I was attacked. Really weak sauce here.

This kind of thing pisses me off. Getting out of the contract doesn't really make me happy because you know they are still making tons of money of the other people they screw.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:10 PM

If you are still in front of the billing cycle, cancel the auto transfer with YOUR bank and tell them you don't want to allow auto transfers any more.

Then let them try to bill you.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are still in front of the billing cycle, cancel the auto transfer with YOUR bank and tell them you don't want to allow auto transfers any more.

Then let them try to bill you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything I ever needed to know, I learned from the internet.

:-D
Old 05-07-2007, 11:20 PM

If anyone is a member of 24 Hour Fitness, they probably got the same letter that I did about people suing them for what sounds like the exact same situation.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:26 PM

pics?
Old 05-07-2007, 11:38 PM

Was this girl the owner of the gym? Sounds like she was just trying to do her job and your drove her nuts with your eloquent words. I think there are two cases of misdirected anger here. Here is the way I act in these situations.

1. If I am the person working at the gym or even if I am the owner I would just apologize for the hassle involved with canceling the membership. I would concede that it looks like the company is doing it so people don't cancel their memberships. I would also explain that in the past using the old method we had some mistakes and people got really angry when we did not cancel the membership at the right time. And with the new method even tho it is harder it always works. Then I would offer to write up the letter and have it there for you to sign when you come for your next workout.

2. If I was the guy trying to cancel the membership I would just write the letter and include a little note with it. The note would say that I was going on a vacation and was planning on renewing my membership when I returned. But after learning how hard the company makes it to cancel a membership I plan to look for a different gym to join upon my return.

Anyways I am glad she threw the water at you. Its freaking funny and I hope she gets fired as she clearly does not like her job much. Maybe she will get a different one that suits her better.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's actually assault and battery fwiw.

You don't need to hit someone to assault them (by the law), and something as little as spitting on someone is battery.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it just assault? I thought that legally, battery has to be a frontal assault.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After she hit me with the water, I asked her if she was aware what she just did constituted assault, as well as really poor customer service.

[/ QUOTE ]
Gold.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In sum, when I signed up I signed a contract saying that I would have to cancel (x) amount of days before the next billign cycle.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all you needed to say, they have to abide by the contract you signed, why did you let the little biatch get to you. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure the contract also says they can change the terms at any time without any notice. That is a horrible policy however. Maybe you could contact the BBB and complain, I think you can complain about stuff that is technically legal but in poor faith.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is definitely really common, credit card companies completely changing the terms on you being probably the most well known example.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:56 PM

Stuey is right about it being lame that you got in a yelling fight with the worker.