Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Re: WSOP: Incompetent Dealers Could Decide Outcome

shocking that Harrah's is trying to find a way to make more money, lol. Whatever, this happens in EVERY kind of business. In tech they hire Indians/Chinese, in poker they find cheaper people to throw cards around the table. Welcome to 2007. Someone is always going to do your job for less then you.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:50 PM

fwiw, this isnt shocking to me in the least. at least half of the tournament dealers i have ever played with are completely incompetent, cant handle the pressure, slow the game down, misdeal frequently, get lost in the action, cant count a pot, or god forbid there are multiple all ins, they cant figure out side pots to save their lives. oh well. everyone has to deal with it, and none of use can really do anything about it but complain.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
as long as the floor makes good calls things will be alright. not good, but alright.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a problem last year...the floor made some horrendous rulings. Anyway, we'll see.

I have come to realize that Harrah's is just a very poorly run organization, and it's simply too bad that they own the rights to the WSOP, because in another company's hands, the tournament would be better. There are a lot of good people who work (or, like OP, want to work for WSOP/Harrah's) but they wind up caught in the same runaround that Harrah's customers are stuck in.

Anyone jumping on OP should realize he's doing us players a huge favor by revealing the BS that goes on behind the scenes of the biggest tournament festival of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a little insider knowledge about Harrah's organizational management, although this doesn't necessarily apply to WSOP dealers per se. First, the dealers are flat out used there for slave wages. Second, Harrah's dealers will be unionizing soon and this will likely at least improve the quality of the dealers (eventually, anyway). Of course, there will likely be other costs for players when they unionize.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:40 PM

They will not be relegated to the $2-$4 tables.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:01 PM

My apologies. I did not write this post for contrarian cynics. The intent has nothing to do with eliciting your empathy. I only include myself (first person experience) to illustrate the circumstances of a disturbing problem that will assuredly inhibit the orderly execution of the worlds biggest prize money contest. Other than that never mind.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My apologies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Accepted
Old 05-07-2007, 10:02 PM

Bummer you could not get hired.

However, I have yet to go to a tournament were every dealer was competent. In fact, previous years of the WSOP, yes, even when it was still Binion's, had CRAPPY dealers. It happens.

Have I ever had an important hand [censored] up because of a doof in the box - yes, and it will happen again. Live with it.

Really - - - Reality

Life isn't perfect - and be honest - neither are you (or I).

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2007, 12:48 AM

I got to meet the DC a few weeks ago and she assured me that the dealers this year will be signifigantly better than the previous two years. I'll see if she can maybe address some of these concerns being brought up.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:41 AM

Hey Aaron, you still keep in touch with VeeRob?
Old 05-08-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got to meet the DC a few weeks ago and she assured me that the dealers this year will be signifigantly better than the previous two years. I'll see if she can maybe address some of these concerns being brought up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard that last year too. They never tell you that it will get worse this year.