Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 01:37 AM

Default Re: More Commerce fun

Wow replys seem kinda mixed here.. for what its worth i folded the turn and button called... the river was another 9 and it checked through. BB showed red AK. I guess my first instinct was to raise the turn but as i sat and thought about it it seemed the possibility BB has me crushed was > than that of him having two overs.

thanks for the replys
Old 05-04-2007, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow replys seem kinda mixed here.. for what its worth i folded the turn and button called... the river was another 9 and it checked through. BB showed red AK. I guess my first instinct was to raise the turn but as i sat and thought about it it seemed the possibility BB has me crushed was > than that of him having two overs.

thanks for the replys

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, next time raise flop.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The "call down ride" is often the best line to take especially against angry old men (angry young men) who will 3bet AK on the turn with no pair because AK should always win.

[/ QUOTE ]

CSC, good points but the results here on the river (Villain ch's AK) is the typical one and why I dislike the ride.

If they bet the river UI'd a good amount of the time it's ok, but it's almost always a white flag river.

Having a good read and correctly folding the river will help balance it out. But you run the risk of letting AK steal it by not pressuring him early.

Otherwise you're just way more likely to pay off the river when behind and win when it's ch'd behind.

Also - I think the amount of players who 3 bet AK UI'd on the turn are few and far between.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:36 AM

interesting. like i said in one post i would have to see the player and then i could know what to do. i think you played it fine and were blind sided by an abormality.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

thanks for the replys

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume button had a missed draw as you didn't mention him?
Old 05-04-2007, 11:55 AM

i like raising this flop, it knocks out the fish, might buy a free card and gives u info on ur opponents hand, if he 3 bets we call and fold turn UI, if he just calls he is prolly floating on 2 high cards and u can bet/fold the turn if checked to. As played u are clueless on his hand cuz u didnt raise
Old 05-04-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like raising this flop, it knocks out the fish, might buy a free card

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you ever let a free card fall here?
Old 05-05-2007, 04:54 AM

button just mucked when BB rolled the AK over... the only thing he mumbled was something about never making a flush (with this guy he could be talking about having the lone 10 of spades)
i feel like if im going to play this aggressively on the flop, as pbob suggested, im never taking a "free card" as most will only hurt me and i dont think the BB was the type of player to get trixy and try to c/r the turn.
as mike said part of me feels this was just a hand where BB chose to make a stand thinking i couldnt possibly have a hand every time... he just didnt seem the type to even two barrell