Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 11:21 AM

Location: Phase 1: collect underpants Phase 2: ??? Phase 3: Profit
Default Re: The Gobbomom Conspiracy Thread

I've seen some of these theories about how 9/11 was rigged. Apparently flying a 747 jet into a building is just not enough action for the US government, they needed to station bombs at the bottom of the building so that it would gaurantee 100% collapse... that way we can go to Iraq and get the oil.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... (already done on sp i know).
Old 05-03-2007, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The most obvious problem is

[ QUOTE ]

3. The press articulated the race of the VT shooter in order to discredit China.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the guy not being Chinese a problem with this theory? Could they have said he was Norwegian to discredit Sweden?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sadly, not it's not and yes they could. Most of the American public is pretty dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

My roommate's gf is like this. She makes all sorts of stupid comments regarding Asians, and lumps them all together as Chinese (or Chinks as she likes to call them). She even said to me once, "yeah, well the guy that killed all those people in Virginia was a Chink.)

No....no he wasn't.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:56 AM

I enjoy some Denver Airport Conspiracy Theories. There is something odd about that place.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:02 PM

Since no one linked it before, the original thread.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Suzzer-

[ QUOTE ]
I get bothered pretty quick if I start to think about all the wasted effort pored into those things.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I used to be kind of a Kennedy assassination buff

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe buff is a poor choice of words. But back when the movie JFK came out and before, when I was in college, I was pretty fascinated with JFK's assassination. I think it helps to go through something like that, to read all the theories in depth, then come out the other side. You tend to spot similar patterns in every other major conspiracy theory.

Particularly - how all of these things have a ton of little factoids that seem to poke holes in the official version of what happened. But when you look at these tidbits together they contradict each other half the time. I think the burden of proof should be on the accuser to present some kind of coherent theory. Not just "Well A and B could be true, although by definition they can't both be true." So of course neither of them could be true just as easily.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Secondly, I do believe that the U.S. had a "role" in 9/11 in that government officials were forewarned of foreboding attacks and chose to ignore them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean in 1998 when he declared war/fatwa on the US? Specically mentioned he would be attacking? Televised on PBS?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...interview.html

'Your position against Muslims in Palestine is despicable and disgraceful. America has no shame. ... ... Nothing could stop you except perhaps retaliation in kind. We do not have to differentiate between military or civilian. As far as we are concerned, they are all targets, and this is what the fatwah says ... . The fatwah is general (comprehensive) and it includes all those who participate in, or help the Jewish occupiers in killing Muslims. '

So, basically everybody knew, the ABC reporter, anyone who has PBS, every gov't and intelligence agency, and the entire planet, yeah.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:49 PM

gobbomom,

"the 9/11 propaganda which sought to publicly discredit the "Middle Eastern" heritage."

More elaboration on this, pls, thanks.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I enjoy some Denver Airport Conspiracy Theories. There is something odd about that place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, one of my old clients, they borrowed *a lot* of money.

They are just public officials who got elected. No conspiracy there, sadly. Not even the baggage-system mishaps, because if anyone was behind that it would have been us to keep them borrowing!
Old 05-03-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Let's hold off on any judgements for the time being. If gobbomom (or anyone else w/ similar conspiracy theories on these or other topics) would like to engage in a real discussion about the basis for her beliefs in these situations, I for one would be interested to read those thoughts. As Howard said, let's try to avoid any flaming in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not fair. Youve already had the pleasure of calling her an idiot (twice!), and now you wanna keep everyone else from doing so? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2007, 03:03 PM

I will say I am a sucker for conspiracy theories but you have to be careful not to get too serious about them. The fact of the matter is that if you look into ANYTHING you can find things that don't add up. However, for a good series of books on all things cover up and such, as well as some just great articles in general I suggest people look at Disinformation. Some really good anthologies are at the bottom of their catalog.