Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Beat: People still like Family Guy?

yesterday's episode was great
Old 04-30-2007, 07:09 PM

I think they still do alot of really good/funny stuff.

Although every now and then they'll do some long, extended scene that just totally hits the floor with a unfunny THUD.

From the last episode I saw they did this really long extended "musical" type sketch about "prom night dumpster babies"

I mean, uh... I watch the show to laugh? I'm supposed to find this "funny"? Because it's "edgy"?

Do they really expect people at home to laugh in hysterics?
Old 04-30-2007, 07:10 PM

This ice cream is going straight to my vagina.

That's what girls worry about right? Big vaginas?
Old 04-30-2007, 07:32 PM

Still awesome (only really weak ep. was the one previous to yesterdays episode. About the restaurant. The rest is still great)

Don't bet with stewie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdixS...ed&search=
Old 04-30-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's funny. South park is better.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not only is it "better," its so much better that they aren't even in the same league. The South Park episode making fun of Family Guy was so ruthless I can't even watch Family Guy the same way anymore. Right now its about on the same level for me as new simpson episodes, which make for decent viewing material, but doesn't make you fall on the ground laughing like South Park does.

Also, the show does not hold up in reruns, at all. Family Guy reruns are the most boring thing to possibly watch, whereas shows like Futurama or King of the Hill, which were neveras funny or as popular as old Family Guy, get better with every time you watch them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under that the impression the episode "making fun of Family Guy" was in fact not doing that at all, and just using Family Guy as a stand-in for South Park to tell that story about controversy, etc., and that the jokes were more playful competition-type stuff.

By the way, I don't like FG much at all, and I don't think Parker and Stone do either, that's just my impression of the episode.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cartman [censored] all over Family Guy for having no plot, the jokes just being "you think thats bad, you remember the time when I...." by Peter, the writers being manatees who just piece together obscure cultural references and don't actually write a plot, etc. Matt and Trey just [censored] all over Family Guy tbh.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is very true and King of the Hill is very underrated.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree a lot, so is Futurama, although a lot more people seem to like Futurama. Like 1/2 the jokes and humor on King of the Hill are almost "in" jokes that you only get if you have watched a bunch of other episodes, which means individual episodes don't stand out as much as the whole. Like Bill being so incredibly worthless, Dale's paranoia, The fact that everyone knows about Nancy and John Redcorn except for Dale, Dale's kid Joseph not being his kid and that fact being INCREDIBLY obvious, etc. And all the stuff with the Laotians is hilarious, because Kahn always wants to outdo Wasanasan (or w/e the other Laotian is named). Although the episode with Snoop Dog as a pimp and Hank becoming a pimp is just amazing.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:54 PM

Family Guy has been horrible ever since they came back for season 4. They should have left it dead, because it was probably the best cartoon comedy ever at that point. Now it has fallen into the Simpsons zone where they dragged it on for too long, ran out of ideas, went over the top and now it's just a parody of it's former self.

South park is the only one of the big 3 still making quality episodes (although there have definitely been a few duds this season).