Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 10:40 AM

Default Re: why is this even news?

[ QUOTE ]
Three years is not uncommon, but I don't know anyone who has done it in one year," Wallin said.

And while Matisse revels in being different -- "an oddball" -- she says she lives a life that could be described as typical for a college student. She lives at home. She goes to the movies with her friends and hangs out in Birmingham. She has a boyfriend, Andy Grimm. She likes to spend Saturdays eating fried pickles with her mom at a favorite restaurant in Clarkston.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 04-30-2007, 11:05 AM

When it says 27 credits over winter, is that like a trimester thing or did she take them over the 1 month break? (thats how most IL schools are).

If she took 27 over the 1 month winter break, thats a joke. You don't learn [censored] in those classes and anyone showing any effort at all can get an A.

I'm guessing she learned very very little doing college this way, and calling her a "whiz" is a bit of a stretch.

But still, congrats to her for getting a 4.0 and doing it. I don't think her book will sell too many copies, but it is still a neat thing I guess.

Agreed it isn't front page news, but it i sort of intresting to read.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Three years is not uncommon, but I don't know anyone who has done it in one year," Wallin said.

And while Matisse revels in being different -- "an oddball" -- she says she lives a life that could be described as typical for a college student. She lives at home. She goes to the movies with her friends and hangs out in Birmingham. She has a boyfriend, Andy Grimm. She likes to spend Saturdays eating fried pickles with her mom at a favorite restaurant in Clarkston.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I found the fact that they mentioned her bf by name really really strange. Almost like they had to say a name to prove he was real.

I know michigan is a good school, but I'm always skeptical of the state schools. Bottom line is you're gonna get challeneged more at a small private (smaller classes force you to work harder) and she's a psych major. If she's such a genious she should be at a better school with a full ride.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:41 PM

Wow, some people really suck at life.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I found the fact that they mentioned her bf by name really really strange. Almost like they had to say a name to prove he was real.

I know michigan is a good school, but I'm always skeptical of the state schools. Bottom line is you're gonna get challeneged more at a small private (smaller classes force you to work harder) and she's a psych major. If she's such a genious she should be at a better school with a full ride.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably wanted his name in the newspaper so his grandma can clip it out and put it on the fridge.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:25 PM

Whoopie-dee-doo for her.

Seriously, nothing particuarly special. Somebody who intentionally overloads themselves with work and spends all of their spare time doing it. And then going to a tier 4 law school. Maybe there's some sort of age limit with these law schools. Or she did [censored] on her LSAT.

Whatever the case is, she has a really nice rack.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:08 AM

Wow, I didn't realize how many brilliant individuals were on 2+2. I'm assuming all of you could've done what she did by age 19, since you're all making fun of her so much...
Old 05-01-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I didn't realize how many brilliant individuals were on 2+2. I'm assuming all of you could've done what she did by age 19, since you're all making fun of her so much...

[/ QUOTE ]

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I could have performed that feat had I chosen to do so. Probably would've resulted in a far better law school too.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I could have performed that feat had I chosen to do so. Probably would've resulted in a far better law school too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be more impressed with you had you actually done it, as opposed to just saying you could have.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be more impressed with you had you actually done it, as opposed to just saying you could have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Because I chose to enjoy my highschool and college years rather than just cram them as full of class as I could?