Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 12:11 AM

Default NL100 Blind on Blind

Here's a hand that is either pretty interesting or boring as hell, I'm not sure which. I either played it pretty well or like an idiot, I'm not sure which.

My image is loose & pretty aggressive, my bluffs have been conspicious. On the other hand, when the chips all get scooted in to the middle, I have the best hand. Some of my opponents are paying attention, some are blobs.

The SB will complete thin, and I think he will give me some loose calling action. If he has a hand, I think he will usually bet it. In any case, my read on him once he check-called he flop was that he had a draw there-- either hearts or a straight but probably not both.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $105.25
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $244.05</font>
UTG: $255.35
CO: $94
BTN: $51.80

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
3 folds, SB calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5</font>, SB calls $4

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($10) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($10) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $6.50</font>, SB calls $6.50

<font color="black">River:</font> ($23) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks
Old 04-26-2007, 12:16 AM

Default Re: NL100 Blind on Blind

Are you asking if you should bluff the river?
I bet the flop btw.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:23 AM

I think you should bet the river since you bet the turn. He probably would have lead the turn with a ten, so I think he has some kind of weak pair or draw.

I'd bet the flop most of the time but since you didn't, I would follow up and bet the river.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should bet the river since you bet the turn. He probably would have lead the turn with a ten, so I think he has some kind of weak pair or draw.

I'd bet the flop most of the time but since you didn't, I would follow up and bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands call if I bet the river?
Old 04-26-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, we're obviously not hoping for a call. A river bet would be pretty much a total bluff.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, we're obviously not hoping for a call. A river bet would be pretty much a total bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? You beat all the draws.

The only reason to bluff is if you are sure he has a pair. Why are you sure?
Old 04-26-2007, 12:30 AM

In this case none, which is why I edited my post, but didn't make it before you had replied.

Basically it is read dependent, if you have a read that he might have a 5 or a middle pair and fill fold, you can try to fire, but in this particular hand I see myself checking behind.

But good you asked, we got the whole trained showdown monkey (TSM) explained [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2007, 12:40 AM

After you checked the flop I call the river with about any pair. What are you representing? Are you convincing villain that you caught a T on the turn?
I vote check and hope for a busted draw.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:54 AM

Grunch,
You have to bet flop here. Checking behind and then betting the turn will only get hands that beat you to call.

Betting river after betting the turn is just horriblee. Villian is going to have a hard time believing you that you have a ten here. I would even imagine him calling with a pair of 6's and 5's.

If you are going to double barrel semi-bluff, then do so on flop-turn.

Barrin6
Old 04-26-2007, 12:23 AM

I like to just pot it pf, so make it 3 ... then cbet, checkbehind and call/bet/check depending on read.

It is a line coined by fellow ex-sng'er Kärpänen as The STTF Trained Showdown Monkey Line