Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Your local radio station, is it good?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
97.1 fm talk in st. louis, 4 to 7 Dave Glover show. Its all talk, but its great.

[/ QUOTE ]

God, no. This show is horrible, although many boys ages 12-16 probably think it is hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are such a huge douchebag.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Austin, Tx has two great stations:

KGSR is the best for-profit radio station I've ever heard. Americana, roots, blues, good old rock and roll, they play it all.

KUT is terrific public radio. Check out the Vault for literally hundreds of archived, in-studio performances by just about everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll have to check out 107.1, I usually just listen to 101X as background noise. I'll listen to KUT on occasion as well. I hate that I usually catch Eclecticos (sp?) when it sucks, as I'm told that's one of the highest rated programs. I also drive very little around here, so I don't get a very good sampling.

I frequent the rock gym here and they were streaming KEXP out of Seattle one night and I got hooked on that.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:11 PM

The Bert Show in Atlanta on Q100 (100.5) is ridiculously hilarious and entertaining. I get easily annoyed with radio talkshows but this one has me hooked.

However, I must admit I spend the majority of my time these days on my satellite radio.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:16 PM

local radio i only listen to local news and local sports stations, I really don't use FM anymore they are all programmed for my ipod or sirius
Old 04-26-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Minneapolis, hands down, has one of the best radio stations I've heard. It's one of the best in the nation, and they stream. Check out Drive 105. If you're into alternative, and indie music, you'll like this station.

Show us some of your favorite local stations that stream online.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do know that ClearChannel owns 90% of the radio, right? It's the same [censored] no matter where you go. You might find something on the AM, but in general, the radio is the radio wherever you go.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Minneapolis, hands down, has one of the best radio stations I've heard. It's one of the best in the nation, and they stream. Check out Drive 105. If you're into alternative, and indie music, you'll like this station.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do know that ClearChannel owns 90% of the radio, right? It's the same [censored] no matter where you go. You might find something on the AM, but in general, the radio is the radio wherever you go.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's the point of this thread- finding out about that 10% and checking out their streams.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's the point of this thread- finding out about that 10% and checking out their streams.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is that Drive 105 is owned by clearchannel and there are 40 more like it around the states. Same w/ 93X which was mentioned above.

Only decent station in MN IMO is Jazz 88 (88.5). Lots of different stuff and is independently owned
Old 04-26-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Basically listen to any recommendation MattSuspect, Mason55 or I make...

[/ QUOTE ]

Or just go to the Best of threads and read them. Look up the bands, find out what each band does musically--like what type of music they create and what their influences are etc. Do this for all of the bands mentioned. Then listen to what you think you will like or even better everything suggested b/c you never know what you will like. Listen to everything by what you end up liking. Then listen to bands that are comparable to the bands that you ended up liking to continue the snowball effect. Rinse repeat. Eventually you will learn a lot about what you yourself like.

I got a friend of mine into "indie" music kind of like this except sans the threads (not a 2p2er). I gave him like 10 bands to listen to and told him the above instructions and he went from there.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. But, CC doesn't own Drive 105...

Also, I'm not about to go out and buy Sirius, even though it's awesome.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:00 PM

The freeform station of the nation, 91.1 WFMU broadcasting to NYC, New Jersey, and (via 90.1 WXHD) the lower Hudson Valley. Noncommercial, listener-supported radio streaming live on the Internet with programming across the musical spectrum. Plus they archive just about every program, so you can search a playlist for an artist or song, then listen to the show in which it was featured. Several shows also available as podcasts.