Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Coach Me?

be more aggressive. understand that each hand has a different value, depending on your position and # of players in pot.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:55 AM

i feel bad for you not being able to beat 25nl...though your sample size is really small.

to start off with all you really wanna do is be a winning player. raise AJ+ in all positions. fold KQ utg, but raise it in MP. fold KJ and under UTG and MP. and raise in CO/BTN.

only play suited connectors in CO/BTN. call a single raise with pocketpairs if you can make 10x the raise amount or reraise amount. call raises/reraises with suited connectors if you can make 20x the raise amount.

limp all pocket pairs 22-88 UTG, MP.
in the CO raise 77+, 56s+
on the button, raise 22+, 56+,A8+ ..and other hands i said.

whenever you raise preflop and get one caller. whether in or out of position, always make a 3/4pot size continuation bet...whether you flop quads or an underpair.

when you have top pair type hands on the turn keep the pot small. try your best not to go broke with marginal hands...keep the pot smaller when there are obviously other hands that are beating you.

reraise AKo,JJ+ in all positions. dont 3bet light. reraise with AQ aswell if villan has been getting out of line. In a reraised pot always make a 1/2 to 3/4pot sized continuation bet on the majority of flops whether in or ot of position. more in position. less out of position against calling stations. only get involved in a raised pot with AJ if you have position on the initial raiser, if he shows alot of strength keep the pot small and if need be fold before the river. out of position to a raise always fold AJ. A10 less just dump it to a raise.

Follow these guidelines and i promise you will be a winning player after 10k hands. if its not ill send you 25$.

Forget the semilag stuff you read about in 2p2 for now. you postflop skills need to be very good for this to be a profitable style. just play nitty tag game for now. at 25nl it will make you a winning player. when you get more comfortable you will automatically loosen up. it will be a natural progression. just start with what ive said above.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:20 PM

OP, have you read this?