Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 03:47 AM

Default Re: Is there a rule to make it more clear

[ QUOTE ]
Another rule request. I understand the rule I'm about to ask, just have sosmeone at my home game request to see the rule. I had sent him this via email but he feels it doesn't asnwer his question. Three guys dealt in, blinds T200,T400. Button goes all in for T300, SB folds BB already has him covered. I reach over to the pot and take T100 and give it to the BB as part of the side pot, the reamining T800 stays in the pot. My friend beleives this is wrong and the blinds can't be split up and the T900 is all part of the main pot.
I gave him this rule from Roberts rules of poker but he feels it doesn't cover what happened. IS there another rule somewhere that makes it clearer.

19. If a player lacks sufficient chips for a blind or a forced bet, the player is entitled to get action on whatever amount of money is left in his stack. A player who posts a short blind and wins does not need to make up the blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

As others here have written, the problem is that your friend is lacking an understanding of what the blinds really are. he thinks they are some kind magical pot sweetener that automatically go in regardless of the situation. They aren't. Explain to him that the small blind is first action and bets $200, then big blind raises to $400. Action then proceeds from there and the blinds are treated just like any normal raise in later rounds. Since your friend didn't cover the big blind gets a refund on his raise. It's not even a side pot - just a refund.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:37 PM

My friend understands now and agrees, and I explained the problem wrong here. The blinds must of been T400 and T800. The button went allin for his remaining T300 in chips and the SB folded. My friend didn't understand why T100 from the SB went to the BB. I explained it to the effect that the moment the Button went all-in ( and before the SB acted), it created a side pot. T300 from the SB and T300 from the BB and T300 from the button went into the main pot. T100 from the SB and T400 from the BB went into the side pot./ The SB had his turn to act and folded causing the side pot to be awarded to the BB.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:12 AM

Yay! Everybody wins.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:47 PM

next time, just give him a KITN and say "because THAT's why!"
Old 05-01-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
next time, just give him a KITN and say "because THAT's why!"

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL