Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Bank placed a hold on my checks?

[ QUOTE ]
If you just cashed these checks, could all these problems be avoided? Or will the bank not cash them for you? What about some other area bank? Then you could just return and deposit the cash with no worries, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly what I did at BofA couple weeks ago...
Old 04-24-2007, 01:32 PM

How do you go about simply cashing the checks? What are the fees usually? Sorry I'm a newb, never cashed a check before.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:35 PM

Hmm... this isnt very calming news
Old 04-24-2007, 04:25 PM

There are generally no fees to cash a check with a bank at which you already have an account.

But

The bank may balk at cashing a check for you if the value of your account(s) with them are less than the value you are attempting to cash. Make sense?

IE don't try to cash a 5k check at a bank in which you have only deposited 2k...
Old 04-24-2007, 05:07 PM

Anyone that sticks with Citizens Bank after this crap is an idiot. Take your business elsewhere.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are generally no fees to cash a check with a bank at which you already have an account.

[/ QUOTE ]

However cashing the check doesn't provide you any insurance against the check not clearing, etc. If the funds are no good you'll still be liable. If they cash it they may still put a hold on the funds currently in your account so nothing was gained by cashing the check anyway.

If you don't have an account then most banks will be leary of cashing a check for you unless the check you're cashing is drawn on that bank.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you just cashed these checks, could all these problems be avoided? Or will the bank not cash them for you? What about some other area bank? Then you could just return and deposit the cash with no worries, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Official Checks thread:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9425935

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

"HOW TO CASH A CHECK

a. If you have a bank account somewhere, take it there to cash it. You can go through the drive-thru or inside. Signing the back is called "endorsing", so endorse the check and give it to the teller along with your picture I.D.

b. If you don't have a bank account anywhere, you can take it to the bank that issued the check. Look on the check, you'll see the logo or name of the bank somewhere. They will also take it. Do the same procedure: endorse the back and give it to the teller with your I.D."
Old 04-24-2007, 11:00 PM

sadly no wells fargo anywhere near Philly [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2007, 09:05 AM

The only real "safe" way of "cashing" a check is to take it to a check-cashing place (that takes a fee to cash the check)& get cash.
"Cashing" a check at your bank ties the check to your account, & if there is any problem that the bank may encounter with that check it will debited from the account of the person who "cashed" it.
This is why you must have an account at the bank, show ID, have enough funds in your account to cover the check, & /or write your account number on the back of the check you are "cashing"...
Old 04-26-2007, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only real "safe" way of "cashing" a check is to take it to a check-cashing place (that takes a fee to cash the check)& get cash.
"Cashing" a check at your bank ties the check to your account, & if there is any problem that the bank may encounter with that check it will debited from the account of the person who "cashed" it.
This is why you must have an account at the bank, show ID, have enough funds in your account to cover the check, & /or write your account number on the back of the check you are "cashing"...

[/ QUOTE ]

NOT even slightly concerned that my PS checks won't clear... I trust them more than my bank frankly...