Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Anybody interested in an O8 mtt challenge?

[ QUOTE ]
You should limit this to like 10 MTTs over a week, announced in advance, and in the $10-$50 range. This would allow for a couple of $50s, a couple of $40s, a couple of FT 24+2s, and some of the Stars $10 donkaments. 2 or 3 limit and the rest PL.

I think that it is a test of varying skills to play a $40 limit and then a $10 PL donkament. Best man (or woman) wins.

Someone can track the stats using PTO and post a winner. We'd need to know screen names for folks that use aliases.

Doing an "ironman" type challenge would really just measure who plays the most. This way people with jobs and real lives stand a chance for bragging rights.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we should leave the buy-ins open to the players and not have any requirement.

We could add a scale that compensates your progress through tournies with higher buy-ins being worth more than lower buy-ins. But I definately don't feel it should be required you play in anything higher or lower than you personally are comfortable with.

We have people of all different skills and bankrolls here. I think it should be open to everybody in every way possible.