Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Is Poker After Dark a freeroll?

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm... contrary to what Raymer says, there was a comment made by Sheiky in the first episode this week that made me think that they players actually didn't pay their own buy in. I'll see if I can dig it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think Greg posted in this thread in order to perpetuate a lie?

The players pay their own buyin. Whether or not they get sponsored by an online site is another matter. It is most certainly not a freeroll.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:47 PM

I'm surprised that PokerStars isn't paying Greg's entry. Is it because Full Tilt basically pays for Poker After Dark (almost all of their contract pros plays on the show, even when it's clear they'd rather be doing anything else -- Ivey acted like he was doing community service by being there -- and there are several FT commercials on during every break), and therefore the other websites won't contribute money to it? That wouldn't make much sense.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm... contrary to what Raymer says, there was a comment made by Sheiky in the first episode this week that made me think that they players actually didn't pay their own buy in. I'll see if I can dig it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was when Sheiky said to Matusow "Next time why don't we use our own money." Something like that. I remember thinking "Is he referring to the buy-in or the prize money?"
Old 04-21-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was when Sheiky said to Matusow "Next time why don't we use our own money." Something like that. I remember thinking "Is he referring to the buy-in or the prize money?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Sheiky was needling Matusow because Matusow had obviously borrowed money for the buy in or got it from Full Tilt.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

We're talking about something different. In PAD, the cash bundles are used in play, which looks stupid in a tournament setting and kills the flow of the game as players are always having to make change.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh I see, I just don't really consider PAD a tourney. Thats why I didn't put the two together.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, why is there cash on the table in a tournament? Are they trying to cash in (no pun intended) on the success of HSP?

[/ QUOTE ]

Errr, they were putting the cash on the table at big tournies before HSP was ever around.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're talking about something different. In PAD, the cash bundles are used in play, which looks stupid in a tournament setting and kills the flow of the game as players are always having to make change.

[/ QUOTE ]
the wsop used to have cash in play at the final table.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:11 PM

hey raymer, aren't you concerned that you will be distracted by antonius's striking handsomeness? he's so dreamy....
Old 04-22-2007, 09:40 PM

I can look at a guy and think "A woman would probably find him handsome", but I never look at a guy and think "He's handsome".

So no, I'm not worried about being distracted by Patrik if he's in my PAD episode.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 04-22-2007, 09:49 PM

dont lie
Old 04-22-2007, 10:10 PM

Is Full Tilt really getting a good ROI to pay 2-3 players entry fees each week (if that is in fact the arrangement)? Unless they are getting a share of the winnings as well.