Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 10:44 PM

Default Re: 9/11 was a conspiracy?

Isn't assuming there is no conspiracy without researching it yourself just as ignorant as being a "conspiracy nut"?
Old 04-19-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You missed the most obvious, to have pulled something like 9/11 off 'they' would have had to be competent. Although having said that, 'they' would have thought of this and put in 'mistakes' as a smokescreen. My God, 'they' can make hurricanes too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you research the SL bailout and how competent they were there in stealing your money. This whole new current "subprime" mortgage thing is just the SL bailout all over again, get ready to get heldup again.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Agreed. There is some legitimately bizarre stuff involved with 9/11 and the investigation, but it gets completely buried in all the raving, unsupported sensationalism these guys spew. I wish they would just focus on the few solid points they do have instead of trying to piece together vast conspiracies that probably wouldn't be provable even if it happened that way exactly. More research; less extrapolation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I think there is much we aren't being told, but a lot of the conspiracy stuff out there is crazytalk.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't assuming there is no conspiracy without researching it yourself just as ignorant as being a "conspiracy nut"?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, because real news stories show up in the Washington Post and on CNN. A true conspiracy would be a real news story. Therefore, if it hasn't been on CNN or the Washington Post, it's likely false. QED.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You missed the most obvious, to have pulled something like 9/11 off 'they' would have had to be competent. Although having said that, 'they' would have thought of this and put in 'mistakes' as a smokescreen. My God, 'they' can make hurricanes too.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're theory is flawed because they would have known you'd know they'd put mistakes in, so they would've conducted the perfect crime. The only way it could work is if they knew you'd know they knew.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, because real news stories show up in the Washington Post and on CNN. A true conspiracy would be a real news story. Therefore, if it hasn't been on CNN or the Washington Post, it's likely false. QED.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, just like they ignored the early 2002 conspiracy nut theory that there really were NO WMD in Iraq, and Saddam really had NO ties to Al Qaeda. Oh wait...

If your only rebuttal is that it can't be true if CNN didn't cover it, you're going to have to bring more to the plate than that. I don't even buy the controlled demolition theory, but anyone who says CNN is the bastion of truth after the past 5 years is as misguided as... Alex Jones. The media has done a TERRIBLE job since 9/11.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

. Every family that has lost a child or husband now hates W. to the end of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently you dont know many families that have lost members in Iraq.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, just like they ignored the early 2002 conspiracy nut theory that there really were NO WMD in Iraq, and Saddam really had NO ties to Al Qaeda. Oh wait...

If your only rebuttal is that it can't be true if CNN didn't cover it, you're going to have to bring more to the plate than that. I don't even buy the controlled demolition theory, but anyone who says CNN is the bastion of truth after the past 5 years is as misguided as... Alex Jones. The media has done a TERRIBLE job since 9/11.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm, I've heard about these 911 conspiracy theories but don't want to dive too deep into research. So could anybody give me a clear reason/motive why the U.S. Government or any sub-groups capable of pulling this off would have wanted to do this?
Old 04-20-2007, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

. Every family that has lost a child or husband now hates W. to the end of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently you dont know many families that have lost members in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, don't be pedantic. Yes, "every" was obviously an overstatement, and there are gold star families who support the war. The point was that the failure to find WMD has been hugely damaging to Bush's image, including among thousands of family members of the casualties. It's crazy to suggest otherwise.

Most of my students have friends or relatives who are or were in Iraq, and a good number have served multiple tours. I am very current on the disgust military families have in the decisions of the White House.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've posted this before, but I think it's worth reposting.

Article by demolition experts

[/ QUOTE ]

Devastating article -- thanks for the lead.