Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: 1000NL Hand reading vs. G-P

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have 77.

Whats the best river action then?? The more i think about it, small bet/call push or c/c is best. I really hate bet/fold bc he can definitely push me off the best or (or value push a worse hand like 33/55)

[/ QUOTE ]

check and call

it seems really weak but he'll frequently bet worse, sometimes bet his one pair hands, and never (v rarely) call a bet with a worse hand on the river anyways

[/ QUOTE ]

Nooononono G-P is really good but he can be a bit of a station. Plus this is a spot where you will induce a bluff shove so often...I just think OP should bet about 550 and snap call. I certainly expect to be beat here some of the time but I bet/fold feels soooo nitty vs. GP. Not sure what I'd do here if I had a strong two pair.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have 77.

Whats the best river action then?? The more i think about it, small bet/call push or c/c is best. I really hate bet/fold bc he can definitely push me off the best or (or value push a worse hand like 33/55)

[/ QUOTE ]

check and call

it seems really weak but he'll frequently bet worse, sometimes bet his one pair hands, and never (v rarely) call a bet with a worse hand on the river anyways

[/ QUOTE ]

Nooononono G-P is really good but he can be a bit of a station. I just think OP should bet about 550 and snap call. I certainly expect to be beat here some of the time but I bet/fold feels soooo nitty vs. GP. Not sure what I'd do here if I had a strong two pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's way more aggro/turn hands into bluffs on late streets than he is stationy. maybe thats just how he plays against me though vs how he plays vs you.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have 77.

[/ QUOTE ]

check and call

[/ QUOTE ]

Nooononono G-P is really good but he can be a bit of a station. I just think OP should bet about 550 and snap call. I certainly expect to be beat here some of the time but I bet/fold feels soooo nitty vs. GP. Not sure what I'd do here if I had a strong two pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's way more aggro/turn hands into bluffs on late streets than he is stationy. maybe thats just how he plays against me though vs how he plays vs you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha...you were in before edit.

I think he can be either depending on how he is feeling. The root of it is he doesn't like to give up on hands.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have 77.

[/ QUOTE ]

check and call

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha...you were in before edit.

I think he can be either depending on how he is feeling. The root of it is he doesn't like to give up on hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO ONE WHO KNOWS THE AEJONES THEOREM DOES
Old 04-18-2007, 08:15 PM

he's repping 44 imo, first thing springs to mind. something like 78 or T9 could be there bluffing. id probably call w/ anything i value bet
Old 04-18-2007, 09:50 PM

I was waiting for you to paste this hand
Old 04-18-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was waiting for you to paste this hand

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I bet G-P showed up with A4
Old 04-18-2007, 10:43 PM

I don't think he expects you to fold an overpair, which he probably believes you have... so I fold.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he expects you to fold an overpair...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wha? Who would call with an overpair on this board?
Old 04-19-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he expects you to fold an overpair, which he probably believes you have... so I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, if he doesnt expect him to fold an overpair, and if he does believe he has that, then this is a call because he'll make the same bet with a lower set or two pair.