Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 07:27 AM

Default Re: $3/6 Hand History- Analyze hand please

Champ,

I realise my post makes me sound an arrogant prock. But the simple truth is since I've been back here I've seen very little opinion stated that has set my hair on fire in terms of perspection or insight. And a lot I thought was plain wrong. Also, to be fair, I *did* give some advice in this thread, I just didn't spoonfeed it.

gl

bdd
Old 04-24-2007, 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Champ,

I realise my post makes me sound an arrogant prock. But the simple truth is since I've been back here I've seen very little opinion stated that has set my hair on fire in terms of perspection or insight. And a lot I thought was plain wrong. Also, to be fair, I *did* give some advice in this thread, I just didn't spoonfeed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll allow you to continue to post here if you specifically point out what you think is wrong. You don't even have to tell us why it is wrong.

Just stating generally "a lot of stuff is wrong", without even a little bit of humour (even by British standards), pretty much goes against the whole main tenet of 2+2 strategy forums.

p.s. what's a prock?

p.s.s. you spelled realize wrong
Old 04-24-2007, 08:28 AM

If you respect Daves game him telling there is bad advice in this thread is alot better than him saying nothing at all and also prolly better than him spoon feeding us all since to develop as a poker player you have to think and discuss poker and not get everything served on a silver plate.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:01 PM

I post my hands and respond specifically to people's opinion. There is no spoon feeding, silver platter, or whatever else you'd like to compare to. The bottom line is, I cannot respect an opinion that has no stated basis. He's wasting everyone's time by responding without any tangible advice. He says I'm overvaluing a hand- OK- ANYTHING ELSE? If you cannot tell me where my thinking is flawed, or you choose not to provide your valuable input, then DON'T SAY ANYTHING.

With his behavior on this thread, I could easily see him stating a false opinion in attempt to further stifle players improvement in PLO. That is, if he is so worried about improving others game, THE POINT OF THIS FORUM, why wouldn't he be willing to falsely disagree with a point he believes- in hopes of misdirecting others' from optimal play.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:57 PM

Considering you have been here for 13 posts you assume an awful lot about me. I was here before the PLO forum even started. I have undoubtedly given, or cause to be generated, more free insightful info on PLO then anyone else on this forum. It hasn't always been directly on this forum but it has been but a mere click away. I have never deliberately given false information. I could boast on this point in more detail but the few folk who know me here could absolutely verify this.

The fact is this. *All* 2+2 forums have a strange dynamic. You get absolutely rank beginners. You get a few noisy trolls. You get a lot of people who don't actually play. You get A LOT of groupthink. And occasionally, you get people who actually play and can sensibly verbalise what they do. And even more occasionally, they play at interesting levels. Unfortunately, the PLO forum doesn't have a favourable balance of these elements. I simply don't have the energy to butt heads against the crowd when I think they are wrong especially when I think they are wrong and belong to all the subsets beside the last one I described.

So why do I bother posting here. Good question.

gl

bdd
Old 04-24-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Considering you have been here for 13 posts you assume an awful lot about me. I was here before the PLO forum even started. I have undoubtedly given, or cause to be generated, more free insightful info on PLO then anyone else on this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

It might be all true. I've only read the last year+ and you haven't done anything in the last year, but I was going through the archives and I noticed you were active at the start.

My favorite post of yours in Genesis was where you pointed out that Pete Fabrizio was all talk and didn't volunteer any information himself and all he wanted to do was take take take from the group.

BTW, are there really people on these forums that don't play at all and just post? That's something I haven't heard before. If true, I think that's funny. I couldn't imagine reading 2+2 if one didn't play.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:35 PM

Troll,

Pete F almost never gave advice. I'm not sure he does now. For a poker player he makes a fine Lawyer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I give oblique, patronising hints, which some would probably say is worse. I didn't post here for a year because I didn't play PLO for a year.

It was my blog I was subtley referring to, although the early days were good here. One of my favourite threads, more recently, was my beeatch fight with Rolf S over an AA hand. Made more amusing by the fact he was the one that later got me writing for CardPlayer. Those crazy Dutch guys [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

gl

bdd
Old 04-24-2007, 10:05 PM

You also assume that my 13 posts somehow provide evidence that I was not reading this forum before posting. Interesting. I hate when threads that I've been reading, for years to let you know, turn away from their initial intention and result in something much less enlightening as this thread has become. Therefore, I'll leave anything personal at the door and conclude with my only truly valid point. Please don't post unless you are constructively and specifically analyzing the hand.

And if you would like to send me PM about the specifics of the hand, I'd greatly appreciate it. I doubt you'll see me as an opponent any time soon as I'm finishing my last semester of school and lost my bankroll during that session.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:09 PM

that's funny, I've never seen anyone bragging about being a longtime lurker.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:05 AM

what's funnier is that you interpret a fact as someone bragging. I was making the point that you are solely judged on this forum by the content you put on the forum. i'm neither proud nor guilty for not posting while reading for a few years. it's simply a fact contradicting someone's judgment based on something trivial like a user's post count.