Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Building a roll playin h2h (HUSNG)

You don't actually have to get your chips in with that edge every time. Against many opponents you can just wear them down until they're so short that doubling up will just get them even or close to even. These weak, passive players are almost a certainty to beat, as long as you don't get really unlucky early.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't actually have to get your chips in with that edge every time. Against many opponents you can just wear them down until they're so short that doubling up will just get them even or close to even. These weak, passive players are almost a certainty to beat, as long as you don't get really unlucky early.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coach me to 80% pls [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2007, 12:55 PM

So you pass up those 60-40, 70-30 opportunities early on.

He raises in the first level to 60, you have KK and reraise to 240 or 180, he shoves. You put him on a hand like a strong ace, meaning you're about 70-30 to win. You fold?

I'll make a prop bet with anybody that they cannot win 80% of their matches at any level over a very strong sample size verse regular opponents (I.E. not playing the same guy every match). I doubt there are any takers for this.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He raises in the first level to 60, you have KK and reraise to 240 or 180, he shoves. You put him on a hand like a strong ace, meaning you're about 70-30 to win. You fold?

[/ QUOTE ]
Bad example because your 70/30 with pot odds which means its worth more than a 70/30 to your winrate.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:33 PM

If you want to make a living playing HU, I reckon the long term goal should be a 60% win rate at $100 SNGs, or maybe even higher. To do this I think it's more sensible to move up levels once you're sustaining a 60% win-rate for 100-200 games and challenge yourself, rather than trying to dominate weak opponents at low levels to get to a mythical 70-80% rate.

Then again, I'm not a pro. But there must be a few folk round here who have worked their way up - so when should you move up a level?
Old 04-28-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Bad example because your 70/30 with pot odds which means its worth more than a 70/30 to your winrate.

[/ QUOTE ]

You understand my point. Say he open shoves in the first level, you know he does this with high aces. You're like 70-30 then. Or say you limp KK and he shoves... same thing. Point is, you'd be too dumb to get that 80% winrate if you can manage to pass up on this sort of edge, and you would be taking too many of these edges if you were a good player to ever get as high as 80%. I really do not see this being anywhere near possible over any realistic sample size in a regular structured game (I.E. like Pokerstars type of game).