FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 11:55 AM

Default Re: LAG versus Hyper LAG

seriously hope this is levelling..
Old 04-18-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im an NLH LAG player and i win an average of two max buy ins in a 1 hour period.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this post you said:

[ QUOTE ]
Ive been a NLH player for about 8 months, i never really had any bad variance swings and now im making about two times my max buy every day so my profit for the day is 200% of my max buy in.

[/ QUOTE ]

So which is it?? 2x-buy-in/day or per hour? Or you only play 1 hour in a day?

[/ QUOTE ]

When i play TAG thats what i usually profit but playing HAG its about 5x my buy in an hour.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Heres just a little bit of info. This is basic strategy but i would have to write a book to explain it all so sorry if this sounds shallow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like i said this is generic strategy its much deeper then this. Im just looking forward to hear from other great hyper agressive players to prove my point. i know its hard for you TAG to understand this cause its not in your nature.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:26 PM

Tell me, Professor Goodrun, how many rivers do we have to hit to employ your strategy?
Old 04-18-2007, 03:41 PM

I play HAG too, it's so much fun.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im an NLH LAG player and i win an average of two max buy ins in a 1 hour period.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this post you said:

[ QUOTE ]
Ive been a NLH player for about 8 months, i never really had any bad variance swings and now im making about two times my max buy every day so my profit for the day is 200% of my max buy in.

[/ QUOTE ]

So which is it?? 2x-buy-in/day or per hour? Or you only play 1 hour in a day?

[/ QUOTE ]

When i play TAG thats what i usually profit but playing HAG its about 5x my buy in an hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

So which is it?? 2x-buy-in <font color="red"><u>per day</u></font> or <font color="blue"><u>per hour</u></font>? Or you only play 1 hour in a day?
Old 04-18-2007, 04:32 PM

Jamie Gold wins 1200 buy-ins in 10 days, so 2 buy-ins per hour is nothing. You're barely a break-even player.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jamie Gold wins 1200 buy-ins in 10 days, so 2 buy-ins per hour is nothing. You're barely a break-even player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold is a part timer. 1200 buyins/10 days? Pshh. I win 1200 buyins per hour by playing SUPER DUPER TRIPLE DOG hyper lag. When I perfect ULTIMATE super duper triple dog hyper lag, I expect close to a billion buyins per minute. I don't use pokertracker, so I have no stats or graphs, but trust me... Why would I lie on an internet message board?

You are all my bitches!!!1!onE!!
Old 04-18-2007, 07:30 PM

So like people say in here winning 2 or 5 buy ins an hour is a barley a break even player. so i guess its no big deal what i win. Do any other HAG want to discuss strategy. You can send me a private messgae.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:34 PM

To me, the brief outline strategy posted by OP sounds exactly like lots of good LAGS I see play (up to 100NL), so I don't understand the sceptical comments from some about the strategy.

If a LAG is good, "simply" 3/4betting sounds easy, but at the table it is not so easy if your natural game is tight. That's the whole point of the LAG gameplan for god's sake: exploit people's natural weakness (folding a lot) by being aggressive.

And as OP implies, lots of TAGs simply don't adjust in time. The strategy is almost always the same - bomb the first 2 streets, shut down if you are played back at or keep bombing/cr if you actually have the goods and trap poor TAG's TPGK. But TAG will keep on folding to those first 2 streets because that's what TAGs do.

And most TAGs are a lot more T than AG, so any agression without the nuts is unatural to them.

In addition, the good LAG needs to get his strategy right against each of 5 players the majority of times he tries it. The TAG just needs to TAG it out in a small number of hands, so that makes it even tougher.

As a pathetic weak-tight wanabee TAG, I have a lot of admiration for these guys and wish I could either play like them or clean them out playing TAG. But I can't do either.

And I recommend any less experienced TAGs who are sceptical about the strategy to drop down 2 levels and try the LAG game. Raise every hand preflop 4-8 x bb. Bomb every flop. Bomb every turn. Fold to resistance. Trap when you hit. It is incredible the feeling of ownage you have as people keep folding. I tried this a couple of times with great results, but always move back to my pathetic TAG game whe I move back up. Bizarre. And probably dumb too.

That said, lol 20k hands.