Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Ask me questions of a young American living in China...

Have you been in Beijing for any period of time and if so, have you eaten egg and ham sandwiches from the lady with the cart who is near the park behind the IVPP there? Seriously if you haven't, you should get there, the stuff is amazing...she bakes her own bread!
Old 04-17-2007, 02:05 PM

how do you poop in a hole in the ground?
Old 04-17-2007, 02:12 PM

Do you get alot of giggles from the girls?

What do you dislike about living there compared to home?
Old 04-17-2007, 02:17 PM

Currently 2 AM OP time.

What do you do for work?

How much of your time is spent with locals versus expats?

How long have you been there? How long do you plan to stay?
Old 04-17-2007, 04:12 PM

How important is it to speak some form of Chinese, i.e- can you get around with not knowing it or is it pretty important.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:46 PM

Its funny,

Yes I'm American and went to very well known private high school, and a top 25 busness school in the country.

My English is probaly [censored] because I talk Chinglish here, I break my english words down so the people understand, and I also know some Mandarin.

Im 25, I dont work, more or less just learning about product development, and also the language.

I like Shanghai, but I think Hong Kong sucks, I have a much better time in Guangzhou then Hong Kong. Hong Kong and even Shanghai are not real China anymore. even Guanghou is becoming that.

I never really worry about my safety because where I'm originally from I have a much better chance of getting robbed or killed. Just look at the news, you dont see crazy shootings, and random murders in China.

I will have a home here for the rest of my life since Ill be living here for some time for my career. I want to hear about other living in other countries, because my job will only entail me to be here every other month or so. Id like to get a home in Thailand or maybe Australia as well.

Easy to get laid? I guess, like anywhere you can pay for it, Im not that type of guy though.

To get a "good" chinese girl it is going to take some time to get laid, probaly harder to bang a good chinese girl then some random American Chick. A good chinese girl, wont go have a random one night stand.

Ive been smoking a pack of cigs a day where as in the USA I only smoke maybe half a pack.

And I actually am trying to stop smoking bud. I havent smoked bud in almost a week now, and Ive been a chronic pot smoker since I was 15 and Im 25 now. I want to actually focus and learn the language.

I didnt mistake K for Coke, i wasnt going to argue with a chinese guy bringing me a powdery substance. At first glance I knew it wasnt coke but said what the [censored] and just did some.

The TIGER hotel! with the two white tigers? and the awsome Restaurant? that place is literally very close to my home.

Please, if you just come to talk [censored], say how bad my writing is, maybe you all should find something better to do with yourself. Im not trying to impress nobody with my writing, and the ones saying [censored], I gurantee I have more education then you and am sure Ill have more money then you.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:51 PM

ALso, I dont poop in a hole, I have a perfectly working toilet and jacuzzi in my home.

I have not been to Beijing yet, this is my second trip to China too. When I was 22 I lived here for about 4-5 months and came back since Im a little more mature and ready to learn the business.

Overall I have a [censored] of fun on the weekends, going out to 5-6 every fri or sat morning. My chinese friend owns a well known club in GZ so it def is fun as [censored]...
Old 04-17-2007, 08:53 PM

What college did you go to?
Old 04-17-2007, 10:06 PM

Northeastern University, 22nd best business school in the Country....
Old 04-17-2007, 10:14 PM

Damn it i should have posted that being my guess, and now no one will believe me. here is my thought process if you are from these schools (in mass) you would say it:

Harvard
BU
Amherst
BC (is a bit marginal to me)

and of these schools which one has a good buisness program but not good enough that you would say it to start with Northeastern.

(btw im not hating on your school i applied and got into there but i didnt end up going there because it wasnt worth the extra price for me than where i get into it)