Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Re: 200NL live. Making a 3 way deal due to largeness of pot

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe some of these posters. I am 77.41% and I get gaurenteed money of 71.95%. The worse the players, the more one should make one of these deals, because I can always find more small-big edges later in the session.

How much of your bankroll would this have to represent for you to take this deal?

[/ QUOTE ]
My normal limits are $.50/$1 NL online. If I could make a deal, I would probably agree to this deal if I was having a bad night (not sure how that could happen and I have such a deep stack at the table) and the pot was over $1,500. At your limits it would be $3,000.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:31 PM

i struggle to pass neutral EV spots, let alone $1 +EV spots
Old 04-14-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What exactly are you asking here?

[/ QUOTE ]

umm..."How much of your bankroll would this have to represent for you to take this deal?" That is exactly what I'm asking.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and then you ask for advice about whether it was a good idea to fold your overpair vs. two underpairs.[ QUOTE ]

WTF?

[ QUOTE ]
Since comfort concerning RoR is a personal thing then you need to decide yourself if losing the $90 EV was worth it.[ QUOTE ]

No, it's called math. Look up Kelly Criterion, or my post above about $10,000 bet

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe some of these posters. I am 77.41% and I get gaurenteed money of 71.95%. The worse the players, the more one should make one of these deals, because I can always find more small-big edges later in the session.

How much of your bankroll would this have to represent for you to take this deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol @ your math. You turned down 45BBs of equity in a 3-way and huge. You make it sound like you turned down $12 in a $200 pot where you are all-in with one person.

So in order for you to get the same equity in future pots you actually need quite a bit more than a 6% "future edge" against someone with a $200 stack.

And in any case, the "future edge" argument is completely irrelvant in cash games. Your future edge is always there, even if you lose the current pot (unlike a tournament where you cannot re-buy, but even there it's mostly a [censored] argument because a new donkament is only a mouseclick away). The ONLY time a future edge argument (which is really an argument about opportunity costs) comes into play is when losing the pot would mean that you are not rolled to keep playing. And if you are playing above your bankroll, than you've got other problems.

Lastly, the "future edge" argument is usually wrong because a very big chunk of your future edge should be that unlike your opponents, you can do enough math to recognize when you have an equity edge, and you take the edges.

Seriously, dude. Paypal me the money instead. All day.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP, your preflop to 30 was fine, your preflop raise to 240 was not.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. I was actually on the BUTTON. That's why the 30 is not 35-40 and the 240 is not 300-350.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. The second time you raise raise puts a big [censored] sticker on your head that says "I have KK+". Being on the button doesn't make it OK to do that with a small raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm...i guess you have a better read on the situation than me. Have you never played with these type of players where you could flip over your AA and they will still play all in?
Old 04-14-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
umm...i guess you have a better read on the situation than me. Have you never played with these type of players where you could flip over your AA and they will still play all in?

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, I think most people here haven't.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What exactly are you asking here?

[/ QUOTE ]

umm..."How much of your bankroll would this have to represent for you to take this deal?" That is exactly what I'm asking.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very different then what you put down in your first post. Being clear in that you are asking something different now, I wouldn't be in a situation where this is going to come up. Though to give up a straight 77% bet I'd prolly have to have more then 50% of my bankroll in there before I'd start to chicken out.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and then you ask for advice about whether it was a good idea to fold your overpair vs. two underpairs.[ QUOTE ]

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be pretty clear. You have AA. Villians have KK and QQ and an all low flop. You asked whether you should make a deal end the hand right there or play it out.