Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Antisemitism

[ QUOTE ]

Although this is a sweeping generalization, there are definitely some jews I know who are bothered so much by antisemitism that they project and see it where it does not exist. I think a lot of minority groups do this though so I don't see how it's a trait of the jews any more than someone who is overly adamant against bigotry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. We're seeing this now with mexicans in LA. Some think that proposing stronger immigration control is ipso facto racist. There's a professor on my campus who had a stupid sign on his door saying "fixing the borders: dig a moat, fill it water and florida alligators. Problem solved"
I don't think he should be fired, since he was nice enough to take the sign down immediately once he was notified that it was offensive. Also, he is a math professor, so even if he were a total racist, it's not like that would stop him from doing his job.

This is a pretty dumb sign, but I don't think it's necessarily racist. The latino student group on campus is trying to get him fired for this. They're spending a lot of energy doing it too.

BTW, I'm in favor of immigration reform. I just don't think that opposing it makes one racist.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:30 PM

Default Re: Antisemitism

[ QUOTE ]
How are you quantifying this antisemitism? Maybe the better question is "why do people believe that antisemetism is prevalent?"

My impression is that it isn't actually as prevalant as it seems. Jews were almost exterminated, so to be on the safe side they are very sensitive to antisemitism, and will often call something anti-semitic when it isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it is more prevelant as it seems. It seems you may only see the "anti-israel=antisemitic" aspect of antimsemitism, and assume that since you can be anti-israel and not antisemitic that the most of the antisemitism in the world is actually just being anti-Israel.

I believe that the facts show just the opposite. Not all antisemitism is based on Israel. Just look at how popular the Protocols are all around the world. Wiki

" To a great degree, the text is still accepted as truthful in large parts of South America and Asia, especially in Japan where variations on the Protocols have frequently made the bestseller lists."

"The American retail chain, Wal-Mart, was criticized for selling The Protocols of the Elders of Zion on its website with a description that suggested it might be genuine."

Not to mention the fact that much of the Muslim world regularly uses it in its television programs and newspapers as fact.

Check out this movie: Protocls of Zion to see how prevalent it is in the US. Although the movie is poorly made imho some of the stuff is shocking to see.

Also, check out this movie .
Closed Thread