Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: PSA: PokerStars will not let me cash out -- EVER!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here is a real complicated solution:

1) Transfer the money back to the friend's account as PokerStars suggested.
2) Have friend cash out the money and put it in his bank account.
3) Friend then writes a check for the amount of money he owes you.
4) Friend puts the check in an envelope addressed to you, and puts a .39 cent stamp on it.
5) Envelope with your address is given to the US Postal Service.
6) US Postal Service delivers the check to you.
7) You take friend's check to your bank and deposit it. Note: do not tell bank teller this is related to poker.
8) Funds are soon available in your bank account for you to spend on blow and hookers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is an even more complicated solution:

1) Stars sends him a check for HIS MONEY.

He shouldn't have to go out of his way to get his money. He had money transferred to his Stars account to play poker, he played a bunch of poker and now would like to withdraw. Stars is giving him the runaround, despite having profited from his play over the last few months. He didn't use them to transfer and immediately cashout. He shouldn't have to be inconvenienced.

[/ QUOTE ]
It seems your complicated method is having problems, which is the reason for the OP in the first place.

My complicated method works for any type of debt. If done correctly, neither party even needs a PokerStars account!
Old 04-13-2007, 03:31 PM

I can see why they are doing this, it looks like you are laundering money and trying to make it seem legit by playing (and winning) some.

Im not saying this is what you are doing, but look at it from their perspective.

Play for a few months, make some more money, pay some more rake, send more emails, cashout. I think it would be hard for them to deny you then.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can see why they are doing this, it looks like you are laundering money and trying to make it seem legit by playing (and winning) some.

Im not saying this is what you are doing, but look at it from their perspective.

Play for a few months, make some more money, pay some more rake, send more emails, cashout. I think it would be hard for them to deny you then.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is going to be their mentality, they should eliminate inter-account transfers entirely. He said he has played quite a bit over the last few months. Does that really sound like money laundering?
Old 04-13-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're probably exactly right. I just wish the individuals in charge of communicating Stars' concerns would say this, and tell me what I need to do. The thing is....the position they have taken (in the emails posted above) does not state this, but rather takes another position (can't ever withdraw due to circumstances under which rec'd the money), and one which is absolutly untenable, and absurd.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here is a real complicated solution:

1) Transfer the money back to the friend's account as PokerStars suggested.
2) Have friend cash out the money and put it in his bank account.
3) Friend then writes a check for the amount of money he owes you.
4) Friend puts the check in an envelope addressed to you, and puts a .39 cent stamp on it.
5) Envelope with your address is given to the US Postal Service.
6) US Postal Service delivers the check to you.
7) You take friend's check to your bank and deposit it. Note: do not tell bank teller this is related to poker.
8) Funds are soon available in your bank account for you to spend on blow and hookers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is an even more complicated solution:

1) Stars sends him a check for HIS MONEY.

He shouldn't have to go out of his way to get his money. He had money transferred to his Stars account to play poker, he played a bunch of poker and now would like to withdraw. Stars is giving him the runaround, despite having profited from his play over the last few months. He didn't use them to transfer and immediately cashout. He shouldn't have to be inconvenienced.

[/ QUOTE ]
It seems your complicated method is having problems, which is the reason for the OP in the first place.

My complicated method works for any type of debt. If done correctly, neither party even needs a PokerStars account!

[/ QUOTE ]

So, instead of addressing issues with poker sites so that they don't keep happening in the future, we should inconvenience ourselves with more complicated solutions? Poker Stars needs to come up with Terms and Conditions for inter-account transfers instead of being inconsistent time and time again.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, instead of addressing issues with poker sites so that they don't keep happening in the future, we should inconvenience ourselves with more complicated solutions? Poker Stars needs to come up with Terms and Conditions for inter-account transfers instead of being inconsistent time and time again.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the sites have been pretty consistent that inter-account transfers are not to be used for paying of outside debts. All problems with inter-account transfers seem to be due to people trying to get around this.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the sites have been pretty consistent that inter-account transfers are not to be used for paying of outside debts. All problems with inter-account transfers seem to be due to people trying to get around this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the sites' logic on this, provided the player puts in some time at the tables. If the player was going to take the payment of debt and deposit on the site anyway, what is the difference? Especially in these times of few deposit options, inter-account transfer is the easiest way to get money onto a site. These things need to be regulated or we could find ourselves in a similar position in the future. I'm actually getting nervous about withdrawing now, as even though I didn't deposit initially via IAT I have sent funds to numerous people and I don't want that used as an excuse to not be paid.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the sites' logic on this, provided the player puts in some time at the tables. If the player was going to take the payment of debt and deposit on the site anyway, what is the difference? Especially in these times of few deposit options, inter-account transfer is the easiest way to get money onto a site. These things need to be regulated or we could find ourselves in a similar position in the future. I'm actually getting nervous about withdrawing now, as even though I didn't deposit initially via IAT I have sent funds to numerous people and I don't want that used as an excuse to not be paid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The OP isn't even trying to get the entire amount out. He is leaving some in there to continue playing with.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:00 PM

you need to play a lot more. or play higher. 6k is an absurd amount of money to play 1000 hands of 1/2 limit.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you need to play a lot more. or play higher. 6k is an absurd amount of money to play 1000 hands of 1/2 limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did he say he played 1000 hands? I might have just missed it in the thread of emails.