Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Hansbrough, Lawson Returning to UNC; Wright Undecided

[ QUOTE ]
This is why I don't understand why guys like Durant just ditch the rest of their school years. It's great times, and it seems like more fun than the NBA.

[/ QUOTE ]

well 40 million is pretty damn tough to pass on, also you get out of the lottery contract earlier and get the huge deal quicker

if I was a lottery lock, I'd leave asap, its likely always -EV to stay if you are lock top5
Old 04-12-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is why I don't understand why guys like Durant just ditch the rest of their school years. It's great times, and it seems like more fun than the NBA.

[/ QUOTE ]

College:
play basketball
go to class, study, take tests
nail hot chicks
get room, board, & books

NBA:
play basketball
nail hot chicks
get paid tons and tons of money
take 4 months off every year

By the way, if you make $3 million a year and you get paid once every 2 weeks, that's $115,384.61 every paycheck (before taxes). That sounds more "fun" than being broke.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As a broke college student, I'm having a blast still. It would be even better to be a big-time athlete. Millions and millions of dollars to play basketball and not risk getting a career injury/sucking (See Noah, Joakim) would make it very enticing to leave.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well 40 million is pretty damn tough to pass on, also you get out of the lottery contract earlier and get the huge deal quicker

if I was a lottery lock, I'd leave asap, its likely always -EV to stay if you are lock top5

[/ QUOTE ]

What's to stop a player like Durant to take out a 40 million dollar insurance policy? Didn't McGahee do something like this?
Old 04-12-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's to stop a player like Durant to take out a 40 million dollar insurance policy? Didn't McGahee do something like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the policies aren't free, for one thing. I imagine the premiums would be pretty hefty, even for one year. A lot of these guys don't have a lot of money.

I have a $1,000,000 life insurance policy and the premium is $100 per month... if there's any correlation, and there probably isn't, it would be $4,000 a month for a $40 million policy. That's not easy for a college kid from a lower class (or even middle class) family.