Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2007, 04:22 AM

Default Re: Making Someone An Offer On A Domain

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The owner of the website has yet to respond to the offer I sent Friday. What's my move if he doesn't respond by Monday? When I asked if the site was for sale he replied almost immediately.

[/ QUOTE ]

How badly do you want the domain?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very badly. There are a few other options but they aren't even close. This is what I would consider to be the perfect domain name for what I plan on doing.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:13 PM

Still no word from this guy. Maybe he's waiting out for me to offer him something better or maybe he's insulted by the $40. What does everyone think about me bumping it up to $55 and telling him how I'm arriving at my offer(namepros.com)?
Old 04-16-2007, 02:25 PM

Good luck.

I recently tried to acquire a domain and the squatter wanted 6.5k for it. I told him to [censored] off. We'd rather go with gibberish than pay 6.5k.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Still no word from this guy. Maybe he's waiting out for me to offer him something better or maybe he's insulted by the $40. What does everyone think about me bumping it up to $55 and telling him how I'm arriving at my offer(namepros.com)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt make another offer yet. Maybe try to contact him again and see whats up, but I would not make a second offer yet.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt make another offer yet. Maybe try to contact him again and see whats up, but I would not make a second offer yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a plan. I'll send him an email at the end of the day if I haven't heard from him.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a plan. I'll send him an email at the end of the day if I haven't heard from him.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are getting a bit antsy about not hearing back on an email over the weekend... maybe the guy is just busy. I'd wait till Wednesday, before just following up to make sure he received the initial email.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are getting a bit antsy about not hearing back on an email over the weekend... maybe the guy is just busy. I'd wait till Wednesday, before just following up to make sure he received the initial email.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will wait till Wednesday to confirm his receipt of the email. I am a bit worried since he responded so promptly to the initial one.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:23 AM

A friend of mine is selling his domain right now. The last of the negotiations I heard was that he turned down $250k. I'm not sure if the other party has countered yet. FWIW this domain name is longer than 10 letters and I didn't think it would attract nearly that much money. Apparently these things can become quite expensive.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:36 PM

250K NFW. What domain name could possibly be worth such a price unless it was coke.com or some [censored] like that.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A friend of mine is selling his domain right now. The last of the negotiations I heard was that he turned down $250k. I'm not sure if the other party has countered yet. FWIW this domain name is longer than 10 letters and I didn't think it would attract nearly that much money. Apparently these things can become quite expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will Someone Pleassssssse comment on this claim. I cant imagine this is true.