Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: **Official I\'m Gonna Kill Myself Because I\'m a SF Giants Fan Threa

2-0 Bosox in the 2nd. I've been following this team since 1977, so I can't say this is the bottom of the barrel simply because there is some talent in the rotation and the best starting pitcher isn't named Laskey.

That said, this is IMO the worst team since those 96 and 100-loss teams in 84 and 85, since the 95-96 teams had Bonds closer to his prime. Disgusting. The only suspense right now is speculating about who the next GM will be, and whether or not they'll go with a more analytical approach or the old school method...
Old 06-20-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Re: **Official I\'m Gonna Kill Myself Because I\'m a SF Giants Fan Threa

I'm thinking 100 games might be in reach. They're slow. They run the bases poorly. They don't hit or play defense. They are old. Their bullpen isn't very good.

Good thing they ran Felipe out of town.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking 100 games might be in reach. They're slow. They run the bases poorly. They don't hit or play defense. They are old. Their bullpen isn't very good.

Good thing they ran Felipe out of town.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the bright side, instead of being hamstrung by Bonds' contract for the next few years, they'll be hamstrung by Zito's contract! The fans will get lots of chances to view the new face of the franchise when he's got a towel wrapped around his head from the 5th inning on...
Old 06-21-2007, 12:08 AM

Default Re: **Official I\'m Gonna Kill Myself Because I\'m a SF Giants Fan Thread **

im not going to kill myself - but i might kill a dodgers or padres fan if things get much worse
Old 06-21-2007, 01:33 AM

Default Re: **Official I\'m Gonna Kill Myself Because I\'m a SF Giants Fan Thread **

Old 06-21-2007, 01:34 AM

"see, it was a armando's fault", ralph barbieri
Old 06-21-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heheh. Not a fan of Sabean, but I thought he had handled that whole Armando thing with Barbieri extremely professionally (until he blew up). And not that Barbieri can be any more of a fish, but his comment, "Brian, I really think this is a playoff team if you had a better closer" was so ridiculous...

[I hate revealing that I listen to a lot of KNBR -- it's really only because I love the baseball broadcasting team and I'm sometimes lazy on changing the channel.]
Old 06-21-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im not going to kill myself - but i might kill a dodgers or padres fan if things get much worse

[/ QUOTE ]

What's crazy is you wouldn't be the 1st Giants fan to kill a Dodger fan.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heheh. Not a fan of Sabean, but I thought he had handled that whole Armando thing with Barbieri extremely professionally (until he blew up). And not that Barbieri can be any more of a fish, but his comment, "Brian, I really think this is a playoff team if you had a better closer" was so ridiculous...

[I hate revealing that I listen to a lot of KNBR -- it's really only because I love the baseball broadcasting team and I'm sometimes lazy on changing the channel.]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ralph is such a tool. Between his massive ego, long winded digressive questions in interviews and his constant inturrupting, I really don't know how Tom puts up with it.

I love it when Tom is by himself.
I was listening when he had his first blowup with Sabien at the end of the 05 season when they finished 1 game back of the dodgers. He had this 4 or 5 minute dialogue in which he ended with a comment about not getting Vlad.
Sabien said "Ralph, was there a question in there?" So classic.
He ended up screaming at Ralph and hanging up on him. It was awesome.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Title needs to be changed to "Official I'm Gonna Kill Myself Because I'm Matt Cain and I pitch for the SF Giants Thread"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it's be sweet if he finished the year with a sub 3 era and 20 losses. *Kills self*

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey look, 3.38 and nearly halfway there. There's still hope!