Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Simple but good meal ideas for dinner date

Thanks for all the input. Turns out salmon is like the only fish she doesn't like, so I didn't end up making that. I ended up doing something similar to what I originally planning with some small changes and additions.

- Sliced chicken breasts to make a pocket in each, coated the outside in egg, and rolled each in breadcrumbs. Stuffed the pockets with grated mozzarella, and put them into a covered corningware container on 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes

- Seared a fresh garlic clove on a low temperature in vegetable oil, then added green beans and covered. Stirred them around every 5 minutes for about 15 minutes.

- Smashed red potatoes with butter, sour cream, skim milk, and chives.

- Romain & spinach salad with walnuts, dried cherries, and a raspberry vinegarette.

Everything was good (in my opinion), and she seemed to enjoy it to. Thanks for the input everyone...I'll have to try making steaks and that salmon for my own sake sometime. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im from St. Louis, and I think I make perfect steaks. It takes about 3 minutes to figure out what temp to get the grill at, figure out how you want it cooked, and how thick the steak is, and too cook it the appropriate amount of time. If you cant figure that stuff out, put the steak on teh grill, cook, flip once, than finish cooking, god have mercy on your below average IQ.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP. With all due respect guids, you're a steak n00b (or you've done it a hundred times and forgotten). If you think it's easy, and takes no effort, your steaks probably suck ass. Let me guess, you use a gas grill, too, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I grew up in teh restaurant industry, I am friends with 5 star chefs that make more money than your whole family. go [censored] yourself.

Ps Ive probably cooked more steaks in a professional kitchen than youve done on your weber.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:07 PM

I'd suggest giving a pass to the garlic salt permanently. Fresh garlic is massively better, and that way it's easier to control how much saltiness versus how much garlic taste you want, too. Dating dangers of garlic powders/garlic salt is that you need more of them to get any garlic flavor, sometimes so much so that you can get really farty from trying to get more than a glimmer of garlic taste. Real fresh garlic doesn't have that problem and tastes much better too.

As to date food, you might want to ask her if there's something she especially likes or doesn't. Some girls won't eat garlic or onions for example. Some will barely touch starches, hate cream sauces, may not like beef or pork or seafood or whatever.

On another note, I've always wanted to make a vegetable terrine, and think they're very impressive but would probably make a guy look fruity if it were the first meal he hit her with.

And on another note, shrimp is both light and for some reason rarely fails to make me horny. A meal with some good protein in it, but not too heavy, may be your best bet to elicit that same response out of females, too. Sluggishness and horny don't go together all that well.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd suggest giving a pass to the garlic salt permanently. Fresh garlic is massively better, and that way it's easier to control how much saltiness versus how much garlic taste you want, too. Dating dangers of garlic powders/garlic salt is that you need more of them to get any garlic flavor, sometimes so much so that you can get really farty from trying to get more than a glimmer of garlic taste. Real fresh garlic doesn't have that problem and tastes much better too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I went with the fresh garlic for the final product, but only used it for the green beans, not the potatoes.

[ QUOTE ]
As to date food, you might want to ask her if there's something she especially likes or doesn't. Some girls won't eat garlic or onions for example. Some will barely touch starches, hate cream sauces, may not like beef or pork or seafood or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]
I found out she doesn't eat onions, so I made sure to not include those in whatever I made. I found out what she does like, and she really likes cheese and is pretty passive otherwise from what I found out, which is why I stuck with the mozzarella stuffed breaded chicken breasts.

[ QUOTE ]
And on another note, shrimp is both light and for some reason rarely fails to make me horny. A meal with some good protein in it, but not too heavy, may be your best bet to elicit that same response out of females, too. Sluggishness and horny don't go together all that well.

[/ QUOTE ]
I doubt shrimp would have the same effect on me. It used to be in my top 2 foods (namely fried shrimp or coconut shrimp), but I got food poisoning from it a few New Years ago, and I was up all night with it coming out both ends. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2007, 04:19 PM

Blarg, I disagree:

Virginia: [while Roger starts rubbing Virginia's shoulders] Yes, one day we returned to the Krypsona from the beach. Our bodies browned by the sun. And the locals had killed and roasted a goat and --

Roger: We filled our bellies with goat meat.

Virginia: Our hands greasy.

Walter: Mouths glistening.

Virginia: Yes, and --

Roger: Once again, our bodies sluggish with goat meat.

Catherine: Okay, all right, okay, do you think there's any way we could save this one until after dinner.

[the Clarvins laugh]

Roger: No. That evening, Virginia and I made love so powerful, me thinks I heard the god Zeus chuckling from on high. [him and Virgnia touch each other]

Walter: And I was there, too.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:24 PM

Those sketches are a weird combo of almost unwatchably creepy and sometimes very funny. I'd like the back story on who they were modeled after.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:27 PM

Ah, just noticed the date of OP.

Did you do dessert? Chicks love desserts.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:18 PM

1. mashed potatoes and green beans are incredibly boring without garlic, IMO. If a guy cooked a garlicky meal for me I'd probably fall in love (hypothetically, of course)

2. A romantic and delicious date meal is to do fondue. We have an electric fondue pot and frequently do either cheese (2/3 cheddar, 1/3 swiss, couple cloves of garlic and 1 lager) with bread, apple, and cauliflour. If we don't do cheese we do oil fondue in which you can cook delicious filet, vegetables, potatoes, seafood... my favorite is to make a tempura batter for the shrimp, or to stuff the mushrooms with a blue-cheese sauce, batter, and fry. Romantic, intimate, creative, and delicious!
Old 04-12-2007, 07:22 PM

Fondue is one of those you like it or you hate it things, kinda risky.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fondue is one of those you like it or you hate it things, kinda risky.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does one not like bread and melted cheese?