Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is in the more wrong here?
Anacardo mega wrong 3 2.31%
Anacardo semi wrong 6 4.62%
meh, can't tell 31 23.85%
Kitty semi wrong 40 30.77%
kitty mega wrong. 50 38.46%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Today I became a pro.

What's your username on the $3.40s? I'm gonna tell my girlfriend to pwn you.

Ryan
Old 04-09-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's your username on the $3.40s? I'm gonna tell my girlfriend to pwn you.

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

pics plz.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:11 PM

Ok guys, here's a response to some of the questions and comments so far. I am a good friend of wickss and he is too busy 9-tabling the $3.40's right now to respond, and I told him I really wanted to make more information available. We live in Wichita, Kansas so as you might imagine the cost of living is very low. In addition, he is single with very few expenses, so if a person were to attempt to go pro on these miniscule stakes, I suppose he is in the right situation. I drove for the taxi company for several years myself (not anymore), so this is sorta what brought him into the business. Many times I have encouraged him to drive and play poker from the car as one poster suggested, but I think for now, he wants to make a run at poker exclusively. Finally, for those of you desirous of his screen name, here it is for pokerstars:

wickss79

Keep the fun replies, comments, suggestions, and ridicule coming while we track his progress. Oh and by the way, I am well aware that I have an extremely low post count. I have a been a lurker here for a few years, but really was eager to get this information out there to you guys!
Old 04-09-2007, 07:16 PM

If I am figuring this correctly, 20% ROI at the $3.40s would be $68/day, playing 100/day. Can you live on $68/day and have some leftover to build a bankroll? How little do you make driving a taxi that this seems like a good idea?
Old 04-09-2007, 07:17 PM

This reminds me of 7/10 being about the same as 70/100.

"In just one SNG, you can earn more money than some people earn in a week [in Burkina Faso]"
Old 04-09-2007, 07:19 PM

if he is 25-tabling like spacegravy, so 38 sng/hour *3.4 * 20%= $25/hour, not too bad
Old 04-09-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
too busy 9-tabling the $3.40's right now to respond

[/ QUOTE ]
this is a gag, right?

[ QUOTE ]
Many times I have encouraged him to drive and play poker from the car

[/ QUOTE ]
definitely a gag

[ QUOTE ]
If I am figuring this correctly, 20% ROI at the $3.40s would be $68/day, playing 100/day. Can you live on $68/day and have some leftover to build a bankroll?

[/ QUOTE ]
don't forget taxes...
Old 04-09-2007, 07:22 PM

El Oso,

Thanks for the good comment and question (by the way, I am answering on wickss behalf; see my post above). The answer is yes, he can live off $68 per day and have some leftover to build a bankroll. Mind you, not alot, but some. The question is can he stand the grind of 100 tourneys per day? In my opinion, that will be exceedingly difficult. He does make more with the taxi, but I suppose it is a matter of comparing one grind with the other, and poker won out. In regard to the poster who asked about flexible hours, the hours are 100% flexible. You may work as little or as much as you want 24/7 (if you own your taxi). You are required to pay a nut of approx. $300 per week, but a person can make decent money at it. Ok, well since he is so busy with his new career, I am available for more comments and questions. I think wickss may make a response later tonight. Thanks guys!
Old 04-09-2007, 07:28 PM

Josem,

This is not a gag. I knew that those posts would start coming. If you care to, you can look for yourself on pokerstars under wickss79. Also, I did not mean drive and play poker at the same time. For clarification, I meant, that he should work the airport, and while he is sitting waiting for a customer (this can often take up to an hour), play poker from the car with a wireless internet card. Ok, I would be happy to answer more questions and we both love listening to the interesting replies (no matter what side of this you come down on).
Old 04-09-2007, 07:29 PM

MJ,

Please stop trying to convince me to go to the shithole strip clubs when I ask for Rhino. Also, the girls at said shithole strip club will not blow me for $50. Stop saying they will.
Closed Thread