Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Re: VIDEO - 4 Tables of 10NL

kinda just watchin some random hands here and there as my roomy watches tha whole thing...

raise WAY more from the button and CO. hands like ATo are the nutz when it folds to u on the button. u want to play a lot more hands from the button (u said u have worked on being positionally aware) but u still arent raising enough while in position. open up that vpip and pfr while on the button (ESPECIALLY PFR)
Old 04-06-2007, 11:54 PM

Temporary unavailable can you re up it
Old 04-07-2007, 01:39 AM

I just checked the site and it works fine for me. Maybe Megaupload was having server-wide problems when you were trying to view it. Does anyone else have problems?
Old 04-09-2007, 04:12 PM

Yeah not working for me either
Old 04-18-2007, 08:55 PM

Thanks for letting me watch your video. So the thing that struck me the most is cbetting 88 on an ATK flop with two hearts on it or not really trying to commit the 40BB shortstack at table 4 preflop when you decide to reraise with AK out of position. The recurring theme of the video (I will be honest I watched the first 18 minutes and then skipped a few in the middle I think) is that you discuss nothing but your own cards. Definitely seems like you are thinking zeroth level (which is about all you can do when you are playing more tables than you can pay attention to), and there are some cases where zeroth level is a great idea, especially at NL10, but to be doing things just because they are "2p2 standard" or you found them in some chart is going to stunt your growth as a player. I didn't hear you say one thing about anybody else at any of your tables, which I thought was particularily shocking for a video (your "game" is really your thought processes and if you made this video looking for feedback then sure, you'll get a lot of people saying well they do this in a certain situation and such and such is a standard line for them, but nobody can give YOU specific advice until you let us inside your head). The approach to the game I'm talking about here is reflected when you say things like "I just want to make sure most of what I'm doing is correct". Well, much of the time the "correct" move is raise/bet, fold, OR call, and what matters is how you react from there or the arguments you can make for one of those actions specifically. Also, you seem to do a lot of projecting your thought processes onto opponents when you do make it a point that there are other things that matter in addition in to what cards you have. For example, going back to the 88 hand where you cbet the flop of ATK with two hearts. You say there are a lot of things you could represent. How do you know this? How do you know what level the other people involved in the pot are thinking on? Certainly if YOU were one of them somebody could represent a lot of things TO YOU, but poker is about empathy and getting inside the heads of the people you're playing against. You're playing pretty textbook starting requirements and everything and sure that's fine, but you should be aware that when great players sit down they don't do so with the intention of "playing TAG" or "playing LAG", they do it with the intention of playing poker, by which I mean understanding the motivations of their opponents and exploiting their mistakes. I'm sorry that I don't feel comfortable commenting on specific hands because I don't have any of your thought processes to discuss with you, but I would certainly love to watch a video where you played 1table and talked about everything (If you don't know what to talk about when you're not involved in hands, as it seemed you didn't, then you're not thinking hard enough at the tables). I meant my comments to be encouraging for you and I definitely hope they weren't discouraging.

Adam
Old 04-21-2007, 03:16 PM

bumping this.

same comment: take notes on other players, speak more of your opponents.

and make another vid [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2007, 03:52 PM

Thank you for your comments.

I've recently begun coaching and more involving studies of the game - thus rendering many of these techniques in the video outdated as a representation of my own play.

I'll make another video if you'd like later this week.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:51 PM

Yeah that would be awesome. I hope I didn't come across as talking down to you or anything. What I'm telling you is just pretty much what players who are more skilled than me and play as high as you can imagine will tell you as well. Looking forward to your new video. I'll watch it right away this time.

Adam