Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2007, 12:19 PM

Default Re: Horrible ban theater

ahnuld

not sure if you got a full grasp of the situation. This is about behaviour in the forum and Cardo's words towards more than one member of the forum - and action after he recieved warnings, and still persisted. Why would a mod putting a poster on ignore be the way to handle this?
Old 04-06-2007, 12:33 PM

Well if you warned him of course you need to follow through and ban him if he continued. And I also dont read the forums so maybe I should have just kept my mouth shut. I was merely saying if Katy was the only one bothered by what appeared in this case to be pretty normal 2+2 stuff then she should just ignore posters who are acting fairly normally but still bother her. From what you are saying thats not the case though, so I shouldnt have commented.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:39 PM

No that's cool.

No, it wasn't bothering just Katy, and he was warned by myself and Katy separately, so he had fair warning.

The lounge, and that thread in particular, is not a place for one line digs and insulting comments towards posters. It was a great thread, with several 2+2 women offering useful comments/insights/advice to posters asking questions, and was being derailed somewhat by Cardo.

I suspect many of the commentors here aren't aware of all this, and maybe I should have explained it in my original response to Dids. My bad.

Anyway, the ban is finished, hopefully Cardo got the message to tone it down, and all is well.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:04 PM

lol at getting banned from the lounge
Old 04-06-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Katy can set anacardo to ignore. problem solved. This ban is ridiculous. You may as well ban every poster in BBV if you think what cardo said is banworthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is, this isn't BBV. It's a different forum in which it's been specifically decided that there would be a different tone and different standards of what is acceptable. Much of BBV's material and tone would get you banned in OOT or El D or most strat forums. Why is the Lounge forbidden from banning people who take on an unacceptable tone in there? If you don't like the standards of the Lounge, you're welcome not to post there. Heck, I don't think anyone who's complaining about this ever has, or at least not much or recently. Spare me the inevitable barb about no one posting in the Lounge. There is a good community there, and the posters there like that it has a distinctly different tone from BBV, OOT, El D, or any other forum.

Cardo got a slap on the wrist for breaking an arbitrary rule set by the mods. He was given fair warning in advance of this. This sort of thing goes on all the time in the off topic forums. Just because you guys run forums with different standards of what is acceptable does not mean that katy was wrong here.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:29 PM

CARDO GOT BANNED FOR CALLING SOMEBODY A WUSS!! LOL. WHAT'S NEXT, BANNING SOMEBODY FOR REPOSTING A CHART FROM THE MOD FORUM!!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 03:13 PM

All,

Banning cardo for breaking an arbitrary lounge rule is fine. Warning someone about a certain type of posting and then banning them if they continue is reasonable.

However, banning cardo for writing "I will stop being bitter the day you stop being a wuss. This is not a jab. This is not an insult. It is an honest observation of the chains that bind us, respectively. Perhaps we could make a pact or something."

in response to katy's statement: "And yeah, I would say your bitterness is coming through loud and clear. At some point you might want to consider putting down that huge chip on your shoulder."

is f'ing ridiculous.

How on earth is cardo's post not a completely reasonable response to what katy wrote?

The problem here is that a mod ripped on a poster, the poster responded back in kind, and the mod then banned the poster.

That's really unacceptable imo.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:45 PM

if you read the entire thread the ban was perfectly reasonable.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:50 PM

Mat,

You missed the point. There are two different issues at play here.

As I wrote, I have no problem with banning someone for breaking forum rules after being warned.

However, for a mod to write "And yeah, I would say your bitterness is coming through loud and clear. At some point you might want to consider putting down that huge chip on your shoulder." and then ban the poster when he responds to that is just ridiculous.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:59 PM

the timing was off, i agree.

i assume katy will respond here with her reasoning.