Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Billy Donovan staying & 04s leaving

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's funny how all the Kentucky fans keep saying how awesome the program is, how great the job is, but yet they still can't find a good coach. Guess it isn't desirable as it once was. Think about it, if it was a premier program, wouldn't coaches be dying to get this job? I think the pressure that comes with the job outweighs the job itself. It's very hard to be successful at former premier program, just look at what Alabama has gone through since 1995.

[/ QUOTE ]

it is an awesome job
it's not like they've been turned down by guy after guy

they had a #1 target-Donovan

they didn't get him it appears

time to move onto #2
Old 04-05-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, 15000 fans on their man board. Sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

my favorite post was about them having 4,000 more fans on their board than Florida can get to a home game

[/ QUOTE ]

lol? Our stadium can't hold anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

is it just a rumor that UF didnt sell out a home game this year?
Old 04-05-2007, 04:00 PM

"They had it before you, they had it during you, they'll have it when you're gone."

-Al McGuire on Kentucky basketball tradition
Old 04-05-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, 15000 fans on their man board. Sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

my favorite post was about them having 4,000 more fans on their board than Florida can get to a home game

[/ QUOTE ]

lol? Our stadium can't hold anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the point
Old 04-05-2007, 04:07 PM

I will also say that getting someone else and beating Donovan would be better than actually getting Donovan. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Warrants mentioning that Tubby Smith beat Donovan about 100 times in a row prior to the last couple years (although this says more about the relative disparities in the programs at the time than it does about the coaches). Florida does not look to be particularly strong next year...will be interesting to see to what degree Donovan can continue his success beyond this one incredible group of players (not to strip him of credit for these championships, he definitely deserves a ton). With Pearl at Tennessee and of course Kentucky, the SEC East will not be getting any easier in the coming years.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's very hard to be successful at former premier program, just look at what Alabama has gone through since 1995.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alabama got a decent coach I hear.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:12 PM

Took them forever and a half to get him. I know first hand that most Bama fans have been pretty miserable for most of the last 12 years. With Saban they should be more than fine, but who knows, SEC has so many big time coaches that will be killing each other.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will also say that getting someone else and beating Donovan would be better than actually getting Donovan. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Warrants mentioning that Tubby Smith beat Donovan about 100 times in a row prior to the last couple years (although this says more about the relative disparities in the programs at the time than it does about the coaches). Florida does not look to be particularly strong next year...will be interesting to see to what degree Donovan can continue his success beyond this one incredible group of players (not to strip him of credit for these championships, he definitely deserves a ton). With Pearl at Tennessee and of course Kentucky, the SEC East will not be getting any easier in the coming years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, just stop or go join the rest at CP.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you like to dispute something I said or no?

Edited to add: In light of today's events and the Reds' 2-1 start, I will be returning to my Reds avatar effective immediately. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you like to dispute something I said or no?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't dispute any of it, but I can see in the tone of your response just like the other 99% UK fans I have seen today that you are backing in to second guessing Billy & UF just to make yourself feel better at not getting him.
As for Billy's future success without these kids? You must have missed the last 11 seasons, we had some good teams if I remember correctly.