Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 06:56 AM

Default Re: Anyone know who Gaucho staked in the FTP NL 200/400 game?

I wonder if he would've complained if you would have successfully strassed someone!

Sorry, know this has turned into semi-serious ess. Make sure to retain the benefit of the doubt that he might've just exercised some poor spur-of-the-moment judgment in posting this in his blog. Some ppl tend to treat a blog like a private journal where they vent sometimes.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:18 AM

Yeah Gaucho whined in his blog like a little girl who dropped her ice cream cone on the sidewalk. All this bitching after posting about winning 180k in the last month too lol.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Outing me in public is offensive and puts me in a crap spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

"I could care less about how my friend played, I am utterly livid at my poor decision making. "

Jason,
That was the most relevant part of my blog entry. I didn't care how you played. If I thought you played poorly, I wouldn't have taken a piece regardless. I didn't out you on a public forum, didn't mention your name, nothing like that. I have no idea who the OP is, and certainly never intended for a shitshow like this to happen. I respect your game more than just about anyone's and as you saw, I wasn't mad at you at ALL. I was mad at myself for making a poor decision. Losing 40k in 20 min, which was my 2nd biggest losing day EVER, made my head spin. I was on utter life tilt. I don't play as high as you do, and am not used to the swings. I made the poor decision. It had nothing to do with you. To say I whined is absurd when I sent you the 40k INSTANTLY, could not have been faster. I am a man and pay my debts and can handle a loss, even though it hurts. Obviously, I will recover. I was upset at myself for making a poor decision. I am very hard on myself and the bad decisions I make (which are many), and this is probably one of the reasons for my successs.

Just so everyone knows, Jason essentially taught me the game of online poker. He has literally been my mentor from 1-2 nl on. I respect his play more than just about anyone that i've met, and consider his posts truly remarkable in their clarity and logic. Whenver I have a tough hand, he is always on the top of my list to ask. Jason, again, I wasn't mad at you AT ALL, I was only mad at myself. I also feel like I am allowed to question the plays you made, but you CERTAINLY have no need to defend them.

I take marginal ev gambles all the time, it was MY choice, MY responsibility, I am not blaming you at all. Sorry if my blog entry came off that way. I sincerely apologize.

dlpnyc21
Old 04-04-2007, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He is prob just upset and venting but it is in poor taste to call Strassa out publicly for "playing badly". Especially when if you aren't the one sitting in a game like that it's hard to criticize how someone else played a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never once called him out publicly. I would never do that, and consider it in poor taste. I should have taken the specifics of the hands down, I didn't realize it would be that easy to figure it out. That wasn't smart on my part, and was not my intention. Removing them from my blog now...
Old 04-04-2007, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

OP, FU for posting that.

[/ QUOTE ]

What did OP do? You decided to act secretive in a public blog, what were you expecting? He didn't say anything bad about you one way or the other.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if he would've complained if you would have successfully strassed someone!

Sorry, know this has turned into semi-serious ess. Make sure to retain the benefit of the doubt that he might've just exercised some poor spur-of-the-moment judgment in posting this in his blog. Some ppl tend to treat a blog like a private journal where they vent sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, this was just me venting. I wrote it pretty quickly after it happened because I was steaming. Again, I wasn't mad at J at all, ONLY mad at myself. I am allowed to bitch and whine at my own decision making. Taking it out on others is totally wrong and out of line, and that's not what I was doing. Obviously. I never posted his name on my blog or anything of that nature, but certainly I am allowed to tilt after having my second biggest losing day ever no, lol!!

I think this got blown way out of proportion and again I apologize for any poor judgment on my part.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2 buyins is nothing.

I think Jason is + ev in that lineup but the variance is so high that anything can happen.

Gaucho may be a decent winning player but its unfair to criticize Jason who is an elite player. If a player far below my level criticized me I wouldn't be hurt at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so far below Jason's level as a player and thinker about the game it's not even close. Bld is exactly right. I can always question someone's plays, I can even question a play Aba made, but if I was as good as them I'd be playing as high as them and winning as much as them and I don't. Jason knew not to take my criticisms too seriously as I'm a medium stakes donk and he has no need to defend his play. I never asked him to defend his play either.

Again, the relevant point is that I was mad at MYSELF. I had my second biggest losing day ever and was on life tilt. I learned a few very important lessons though and consider this an inexpensive lesson relative to the impact it will have on my future decision making. 40k in the grand scheme of things is nothing.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He is prob just upset and venting but it is in poor taste to call Strassa out publicly for "playing badly". Especially when if you aren't the one sitting in a game like that it's hard to criticize how someone else played a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never once called him out publicly. I would never do that, and consider it in poor taste. I should have taken the specifics of the hands down, I didn't realize it would be that easy to figure it out. That wasn't smart on my part, and was not my intention. Removing them from my blog now...

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, you didn't mention his name, and I didn't mean to insinuate that you did. You did post very detailed hands though which you obv realize now wasn't very smart. They were obvious enough that someone who had been railing would figure it out.

I'm sure everyone realizes you were just venting but it seems like the details should be kept private between you and Strassa to prevent something like this thread.

Anyway, lesson learned I'm sure and GL.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:50 AM

dlp made a couple of big mistakes, admitted as such, and has handled himself pretty well here. Strassa is a smart young guy and top shelf talent. Getting a sincere public apology is about the best he could hope for and got it.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:55 AM

fwiw gaucho... it was [censored] obvious who you were talking about, it didnt matter if you were using his name or not. You do realize that these games are like primetime tv right? If you mention 5 out of 6 of the players in a 2/4 game EVERYONE is going to know who the 6th player is.

And I do not understand why you are taking issue with the OP posting this... you posted it on a public blog! Did you not want people to read it or something?

To say that you weren't critisizing his play in your blog? Anyone who read this would definitely interpret your entry as critical of his play.