Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 11:06 PM

Default Re: 50NL: This is standard right?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.25/$0.50 Blinds
6 Players
Lego Poker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
<font color="green">Hero (SB): $49.50</font>
<font color="green">BB: $48.45</font>
UTG: $75.85
MP: $79.60
CO: $62.30
BTN: $49.90

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.75, 6 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, BB calls $1.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 Q ($4, 2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4

<font color="black">Turn:</font> T ($12, 2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $12</font>, Hero calls $12

<font color="black">River:</font> 7 ($36, 2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets all-in for $30.45</font>, Hero calls $30.45

Pot Size: $96.90 ($3 Rake)
Old 04-01-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.25/$0.50 Blinds
6 Players
Lego Poker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
<font color="green">Hero (SB): $49.50</font>
<font color="green">BB: $48.45</font>
UTG: $75.85
MP: $79.60
CO: $62.30
BTN: $49.90

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.75, 6 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, BB calls $1.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 Q ($4, 2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4

<font color="black">Turn:</font> T ($12, 2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $12</font>, Hero calls $12

<font color="black">River:</font> 7 ($36, 2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets all-in for $30.45</font>, Hero calls $30.45

Pot Size: $96.90 ($3 Rake)

[/ QUOTE ]

nc... but i think situation is a little different... with 2 queens on the flop you can discount QQ/AQ and you represent a missed flush.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:21 PM

I'm not saying I won that hand.....

If we check/call turn in previous hand, we could easily represent a stupid ass resteal attempt with suited cards and then were chasing our flush. If that river isn't a K, I'm calling.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:41 PM

so you're saying you played that hand well? I would have folded on the turn here... I'm not criticizing or anything, I'd like to learn more about this.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:47 PM

I'm not gonna say I played it well bc thats debatable. Its a decision of whether to bet turn or c/c. Are you saying you would just c/f turn? Seems kinda weak to me, I mean youre just giving it to him when a guy like this might take a stab at it w/ ATC bc your hands face up. It takes a lot of balls to fire the river as a bluff if I c/c turn. Sometimes I will make thin call downs if I have history with villain, not the case here.

Also, Jonys advocating a flop check and heres why. You gain more value by letting him bluff a worse hand than betting and having him call with a worse hand.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:51 PM

I think VERY hard about calling here. Though it would be very read based. This bet looks awfully big to be a value bet with an ace, problem is I'm just not quite sure what we beat other than a flush draw. I guess it's probably a fold but I'm not sold that he has it here.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:57 PM

sorry barry I was talking about jonys hand...
Old 04-01-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not gonna say I played it well bc thats debatable. Its a decision of whether to bet turn or c/c. Are you saying you would just c/f turn? Seems kinda weak to me, I mean youre just giving it to him when a guy like this might take a stab at it w/ ATC bc your hands face up. It takes a lot of balls to fire the river as a bluff if I c/c turn. Sometimes I will make thin call downs if I have history with villain, not the case here.

Also, Jonys advocating a flop check and heres why. You gain more value by letting him bluff a worse hand than betting and having him call with a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

he was talkin to me I believe
Old 04-02-2007, 12:02 AM

my bad
Old 04-02-2007, 12:07 AM

Once that flop comes, you're in a really uncomfortable position OOP versus an aggressive player, and the turn card just makes it worse, since all of sudden the chances of facing a semibluff call or raise just went up (especially since if Villain picked up a draw he's going to consider the possibility that his pair outs are good as well).

Anyway, that river card is such a crappy card that the check-fold seems fine to me, even though sometimes you will have just handed the pot to 88 or QT or J8 or something.

For what it's worth, I don't actually think a flop bet is so horrible. Getting this hand over with now is not such a bad result. One problem is that our hand can't really take much heat (or I don't think it can), but at the same time I don't trust this Villain not to steal the pot away from me with a second barrel on the turn (I don't know anything about him specifically except for the numbers Hero gave for him, though). But, then again, I wouldn't check the flop with AK. Maybe that's something I should start doing more. (I'll admit that part of the reason I don't check this flop with a big hand comes from my limit background -- putting in the last raise preflop and then checking the flop with a monster is such a donk-standard limit slowplay. But I realize that NL is a different game.)