Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 11:39 PM

Default Re: Wrestlemania 23

I think its just that it was so much better then people thought it would. Sadly 3 good matches on a major show is good for the WWE now a days.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:40 PM

That women's match was flat brutal.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have ordered it but I woke up too late, glad I didn't though, Cena retaining the title yet again would have ruined what seems like was a pretty good show. Was UT-Batista really as good as people are saying?

[/ QUOTE ]

it was the best match of the night. that probably stems from people having low expectations out of batista/ut and high expectations from the other matches.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:11 AM

I hadn't watched wrestling in years but yesterday decided a Wrestlemania would be awesome. Everyone, even the girls, had a great time.

Stone Cold was awesome and made the night.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:18 AM

My thoughts:

MITB- why the hell was this first? That probably made them have to use less interesting spots and such. The match itself was pretty good, and edge was already injured, this gives him time to re-coop.

Kane/Khali- Meh. Just meh.

Crippler/MVp- I didnt see it but heard it was great

ECW match- wasted potential. Non-hardcore ECW matches suck

Chicks- Lumberjill Pandamonem!!!!!

UT/Batitsa- Great match. Lots of excitement, good spots all around.

Billionare- The outcome was pretty obvious, but was still really well done. I enjoyed SCSA a lot, esp when he stunned trump (it was botched but still enjoyable)

Cena/HBK- I was on the edge of my seat. I think this was an amazing match, great spots all around. I am disapointed cena won.

Overall...8/10. The talent they have right now isnt great, but they did what they could with what they had
Old 04-02-2007, 12:24 AM

HBK lost? This disappoints me. I didn't watch this, but he's the only reason I would watch wrestling now,
Old 04-02-2007, 12:36 AM

Trump beating down Vince was ugly, but I was laughing my ass off.

That Hardy and Edge spot was disgusting - but it was exactly what I expected when you get the Hardys and Edge in a ladder match.

HBK losing surprised me, and I was pulling for him. The spot with about 15 or 16 reversals was entertaining.

Khali and the ECW match flat sucked. I'm not surprised since Khali can barely walk and Matt Striker isn't scaring anybody. The women's match was exactly what I expected, with a lot less skin than I hoped for. Hey, there had to be something entertaining.

High spot of the night for me was MITB. Surprisingly good match and I love watching Kennedy win. Low spot definitely goes to Kane and Khali. Weakest finish ever, and there's basically no potential for this feud to go anywhere.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:20 AM

The only other WWE PPV I ordered was Wrestlemania 12(?) when HBK won his first title. I decided to spend $50 tonite and bought the online webcast hoping I'd see HBK win another title. Needless to say, I was very disappointed at the outcome of the main event, but it was still a very good match nonetheless. My ratings on each match.

Money in the bank: 7/10. Some of the stuff off the ladders was pretty ridiculous.

Great Khali vs Kane: 4/10. This was pretty bad. It was Kane and Great Khali continously trying to choke slam each other back and forth. Only cool part of this match was when the GK got body slammed.

ECW Match: 4/10 This was pretty bad as well. I barely watched it.

Chris Benoit vs MVP: 5/10 I wasn't very interested in this match. From the parts I saw it was okay.

Women's Match: 5/10 Melina and Ashley seemed to do alright in the ring. Neither of them embarrassed themselves trying to do some kind of wrestling move. Seeing all the girls was pretty nice.

Lashley vs Umaga: 7/10 I thought they did a very good with this match even though the outcome was very predictable. Having Shane McMahon and Steve Austin getting heavily involved made it a lot better than I anticipated.

Undertaker vs Batista: 7/10. I guess the outcome of this match was pretty obvious as well. Overall the match was pretty good. A lot of good action. Seeing Batista slam the UT through the announcer table was a highlight from that match. I would have given this match an 8/10 had Batista won. Knowing the title is going to change is pretty lame.

HBK vs Cena: 8/10 I thought this match was very good. It was definetely the best match of the night. HBK showed early on that he is still a very good fundamental technical wrestler, something that a lot of wrestlers today lack. I really enjoyed the part where they countered each other for 5-6 moves. I'm unhappy that HBK didn't win the title. I think Jim Ross said that Cena has had the title for 20/24 months in the past 2 years. I think it's time for a change in title. It sounded like more of the fans were cheering for HBK, and it would have been nice to see HBK win the title again. I would have given this match a 9/10 or 10/10 had HBK won.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cena retaining the title yet again...

[/ QUOTE ]

It amazes me that the length of Cena's title reigns is now the sixth longest in WWE history. He'll pass Bret Hart in a month and a half. He just doesn't come across as belonging in this top ten.

1. Bruno Sammartino, 2 reigns, 4040 days
2. Hulk Hogan, 6, 2185
3. Bob Backlund, 2, 2132
4. Pedro Morales, 1, 1044
5. Bret Hart, 5, 654
6. John Cena, 3, 610+
7. Steve Austin, 6, 528
8. Randy Savage, 2, 520
9. Shawn Michaels, 3, 396
10. Diesel (Kevin Nash), 1, 358
Old 04-02-2007, 01:38 AM

Based on HHH not being mentioned, I assume that World Title reigns are not included in that list.