Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: jumping rope

[ QUOTE ]
FFS Thremp, how stupid are you? "watch them drown?" Really, you like being banned?

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you feel better if I used another wide group of people known for lack of swimming ability? Maybe the Korean National Soccer Team, the Kenyan Marathon Club, the Inuit rowing team?

But you are correct, I used hyperbole. Its pretty doubtful any would actually drown before making it to the side of the pool.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FFS Thremp, how stupid are you? "watch them drown?" Really, you like being banned?

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you feel better if I used another wide group of people known for lack of swimming ability? Maybe the Korean National Soccer Team, the Kenyan Marathon Club, the Inuit rowing team?

But you are correct, I used hyperbole. Its pretty doubtful any would actually drown before making it to the side of the pool.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd prefer it if you could figure out how to not sound stupid when you are making your valid points. When you use crap like that to make a point, you aren't actually making a point, you are just making people stop listening to you.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:54 PM

kerowo,

Sorry I didn't catch the "flip out at any sign of racism because its the trendy eco-[censored] thing to do" bus.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kerowo,

Sorry I didn't catch the "flip out at any sign of racism because its the trendy eco-[censored] thing to do" bus.

[/ QUOTE ]

So is jumping rope good or bad in your bizzaro land where you defend saying something racist by attacking the person who called you on your crap?
Old 03-31-2007, 04:19 PM

I posted this awhile back in another thread but I think this is pretty cool if you like jumping rope.

[ QUOTE ]
Someone recently gave me the JumpSnap as a gift. It's a pretty cool idea. It's basically just a ropeless jumprope so you can do it inside or wherever and doesn't require the room of a regular jumprope. It's overpriced in my opinion, especially if you don't care about the calorie counter, timer, etc. You really could make one yourself very easily w/o the bells & whistles out of some old jumprope handles.

Anyway, price aside, it's pretty awesome. You feel kind of silly the first time you use it but like I said being able to jumprope w/o a lot of room is pretty great. It's also nice that you don't have to keep stopping when you miss a jump, especially when you start getting tired so you can go a lot longer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-31-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I posted this awhile back in another thread but I think this is pretty cool if you like jumping rope.

[ QUOTE ]
Someone recently gave me the JumpSnap as a gift. It's a pretty cool idea. It's basically just a ropeless jumprope so you can do it inside or wherever and doesn't require the room of a regular jumprope. It's overpriced in my opinion, especially if you don't care about the calorie counter, timer, etc. You really could make one yourself very easily w/o the bells & whistles out of some old jumprope handles.

Anyway, price aside, it's pretty awesome. You feel kind of silly the first time you use it but like I said being able to jumprope w/o a lot of room is pretty great. It's also nice that you don't have to keep stopping when you miss a jump, especially when you start getting tired so you can go a lot longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sweet idea, thanks colt.

i had never thought about the need for it, but it makes sense. thanks for the link. J.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:56 AM

i undertook a jump regimen in late high school and my explosiveness and quickness and speed increased dramatically. i went from middle of the pack speed to 2nd fastest on my soccer team. the faster guy was a good 100m sprinter but i could dust the rest.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
kerowo,

[/ QUOTE ]

So is jumping rope good or bad in your bizzaro land where you defend saying something racist by attacking the person who called you on your crap?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry I offended you. Do you need a hug?