Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Re: 10-20 Bellagio AA Hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
arent effective stacks for u 400$ so....ur already all in?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like it when people post the effective stacks with a post btw for a better response.

With NL2000 the effective stacks are over $2000 i guess. When I usually play higher.

In paris there are tables with an unlimited buyin. I always wondered what other people would think to be an optimal buy-in. What if the average stack is € 8000 and the blinds are 5-10. Would you buy in € 8.000 or buy in with € 10.000 or even €16.000 ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Leveling?
Old 03-31-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3 flop 532 2 flush1

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have the A of the suit of the flush draw on board? If so, you can help to cut down on opponent's range of hands, since you know they're not raising on the nut flush draw. If not, then the hand is much easier to fold IMO. The only other "big draw" is a hand like 54sooted with a possible str8 flush draw or something like that.

If the hand is heads up then calling the c/r isn't terrible since he could be making the play with an overpair--likely a big pair which you obviously have crushed. Or again he could have a KQ sooted type of hand in which case his overs are no good and his draw isnt as big as he thinks it is.

With all of that said, however, a c/r to 1K and a cold-call means a clear fold for me. Even if you currently have the best hand, you have to decide whether you want to gamble against what is likely half of the deck in many cases like this. And not to mention my first thought would be that I am up against a set or made straight in which case you're drawing essentially dead. (unless you're on bodog in which case you'll easily hit set over set or boat up against the str8 by the river.)

One possible way to avoid this problem is to make it 175-200 or more p/f. As awesome as AA is, your goal is still to make it HU p/f against one (obviously) weaker hand. It kind of sucks to just take down the dead limpers money if they all fold but isn't that better than letting them see a cheaper flop and essentially forcing you off your hand? EVen if you make it 175 my experience is that most of the time you will still get action anyway.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:33 AM

Jeez how did you end up with more than $400?
Unless these guys are both total idiots, easy fold. Only way you continue here is if both of them are playing like 90/60.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:02 AM

if u pay enough attention to the table its obvious what to do here in that game.. i dont wanna post anything more constructive cause im tight with jay =[
Old 03-31-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is an obvious fold...

If your opponents are bad enough to make this play without a set/made straight/huge draw, they have huge leaks you can exploit in this spot right now...

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

ps - still a fold

[/ QUOTE ]

How do we exploit leaks without a given read...? My comment was made assuming villains are randoms we don't know anything about, but will continue playing with for a some time.

I agree with you if I was Hero and had a solid reads on the ppl in the hand.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3 limpers to me OTB w/ AA, i raise to 120, 2 limpers call

flop 532 2 flush

chk chk, i bet 320 into 400

utg+1 limper (jay) c/r to ~1k with 3k behind( i cover)
MP limper cold calls all in for about 1k

very lost here and i really want to fold here, i feel like the only option is to call and fold to a turn bet from UTG+1

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be as concerned about the cold-caller. To me his hand looks like a big draw. How can a set (if he has one) not protect on this board. Unless he is very very passive I think he has a big draw the majority of the time here. As for Jay's range this is a very bad board for your hand and any heart, straight card, or board pairing card puts you in a tough spot. I would fold here, and wait for a better spot, but it wouldn't surprise me if you are ahead here for the time being, but only very marginally so. If Jay's CR range is wide, I might call one off here and evaluate a blank turn.

dlpnyc21
Old 03-31-2007, 07:03 PM

I don't know the name O'neil Longston but the guy you described sounds a lot like this guy I played with in Vegas last summer. Guy mumbles and shakes a lot. Old as hell, he won a razz bracelet and I played him in caesar's 10-20 NL, 20-40 NL the day it opened and he slowrolled me. God I hate that guy. Is this the same guy? If so, give him a punch in the kidney from me.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
u play soft dawg....Why u raising to 120 OTB with 10-20 blinds. No reason to make it over 80... Look like scared raise to me

[/ QUOTE ]

poty
Old 04-01-2007, 01:58 AM

min raise preflop, don't be afraid to play a multiway pot, you want to sucker them in. raising 6x is scared poker.

oh, and
[ QUOTE ]

now i think i understand why nobody posts in HSNL anymore

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-01-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
u play soft dawg....Why u raising to 120 OTB with 10-20 blinds. No reason to make it over 80... Look like scared raise to me

[/ QUOTE ]

oh and btw i'm so full of [censored] but i just like to hear myself type and i heard that talking like a hardass on teh internets was the [censored] so here i be dawg.