this is what you need

[/ QUOTE ]

hey [censored]! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2007, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Help my hair not suck.

[ QUOTE ]
Full head shot:

[/ QUOTE ]
Good Lord, man. Grow some hair. Seriously.

If it won't grow, then I have to agree with those who say to shave it down. What you have now is simply not going to be possible for anyone to work with.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
F,

Seeing the full head shot, I think your best option is to shave it all off. Or at least super short. I'm thinking Cal Ripken look.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree. I have a similar head and get a #3 shave all over - don't do the fade, that's for ethnic gangstaz only.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:09 PM

Google Aiden from sex in teh city, do what he does with his hair. chicks will flock.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't realize this was acceptable. I might do this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. If you are not going to go the shaved route, definitely find a salon that gives good, sit-down, non-pressured consultations.

If you call up to ask about it and they are like, "Huh? Consultation? What do you mean? Do you want your hair cut or not?" then just say thanks and make another call. When you find that salon that is like, "Before we do anything we sit down and have a long consultation. We might wet your hair and scruff it a little to see what we have to work with. We also have lots of books and magazines for you to compare hairstyles that fit your particular hair type and facial structure, blah, blah..." That is when you know you've hit a winner. No matter how much it costs, go that route, then just keep it that style if it is good for you.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Go to a good salon and ask the cute stylist what she recommends. It's their job. I used to keep mine pretty short too, but a good stylist showed me the light. Now I'm really really good-looking. Ask my mom. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What!? I always thought they would get really annoyed if I did this. Maybe its just because I have always gotten discount haircuts.

I didn't realize this was acceptable. I might do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good stylists by nature want to have a chance to be creative. And obviously, do a good job to encourage repeat customers. Like most upscale salons, we offer free consultations.

Also, salons typically have a few books of head shots to look at for ideas. Browse that and bring it to the chair.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:32 PM

i'd let a professional stylist help you out. they will know what styles best suite your head shape.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, I think you have that kind of wispy, feathery hair like I do. Not much of it, and what you do have it not "full."

Gonna have to shave it close. Like 3/4" or less. And as far as products, you definitely need some. It will give you some fullness, some texture. Screw around with a military brush once you get it cut and get some gel or clay in that head. Brush it to the side, brush it forward, brush it back. Mess with having the front slicked down and slightly to the side, while letting the crown stand up like a crewcut. Think Matt Damon. Cuz with hair that fine, that is the only thing you have going for you. Not a cutdown, I have the same kind of hair and I'm a chick.

Here is a thread I started recently to help you feel better. With a lot of pics, too.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9429819

Good luck!

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

great post...but as others have pointed out, Felicia...when you're as pretty as you are, it's probably a little easier having short hair! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Full head shot:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, you're screwed. Anyway, I recently cut my own hair for the first time. It's a piece of cake.

Old 03-30-2007, 06:13 PM

before i saw the full head shot, i was going to recommend just going with a #2 or #3 on your whole head because it's easy and timeless. after seeing the full shot, there's no way shaving it is a good idea. you have a big head. you need big hair. let it grow for at least 6 months and then go get it cut/styled somewhere good. guids is right that the aidan from sex in the city look is what you should be aiming for. once you get it long, just start using some product to give it a little depth and you will be happy.