Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Re: The Well: Kilillan

sortve wish you had waited a bit longer to do this...
Old 03-30-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ooo, also, what do u think about the state of online poker atm relative to how it was pre-legislation. and wat are your thoughts on the future of online poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think poker is dying and my life is basically [censored].

Pre-legit it was redic easy to beat. I still think it's relatively easy to beat, however, you can't have these huge holes that most ssnl players have. No more fps. You have to actually play well.

I think I could maintain 10ptbb/100 at 1/2 nl on ftp pre legit, I can't get remotely close to that now if I wanted to. That should say something.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sortve wish you had waited a bit longer to do this...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah me too. But kolo isn't even doing his.

And it's a spite well thread.

Take that kolo, you bastard.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
List a dozen bands off the top of your head.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll just list my favorite top of my head

Beatles
pink floyd
David bowie
Yes
acdc
the clash
black flag
velvet underground

uhh

that's almost 15
Old 03-30-2007, 01:09 PM

Do you do the visa shuffle every 3-6 months or so where you leave/reenter the country? How are you planning on staying there forever?
Old 03-30-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you do the visa shuffle every 3-6 months or so where you leave/reenter the country? How are you planning on staying there forever?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you can only do that once. I'm looking for a school right now that has to sponsor me for a pre-college visa.

I need 8k upfront and 25k in the bank

Also, pic of my room to whomever cares

yeah that piece of crap is worth 700$/mth

and that's like 80% of my room, I'm standing on my freaking bed.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are your thoughts at SSNL bluffing? Show us a typical situation where you bluff (including villain reads please).

[/ QUOTE ]

^^^ ?
Old 03-30-2007, 01:25 PM

Lol how the [censored] do you play for more than 30 minutes on that stool? I had to play on something similar for a week when I first moved in with True and wanted to cry after about 20 minutes of sitting on it.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:27 PM

THIS GOT LONG AND RANT-ISH. THUS MY QUESTIONS ARE IN BOLD

I have decided to completely ignore every hand that is posted in SSNL from now on, because I don't feel like there are many people here that can teach me anything, although I'm sure there are some.

But my real reason for ignoring the hand histories is because the more I play the more I realize how dynamic poker is, and that a hand history, even with reads/history/stats is never going to be the same as being there and making the decision in the moment. Sometimes I look at these hands and I wonder stuff like this:

1. how is this a question?
2. how do you play so poorly?
3. what is your image, so I can gauge this accurately and give a response?

and I'm realizing that it's a lot tougher to give good advice on tough hands. It's still really easy to tell someone to shove their pair + NFD on the flop, but that type of simple thinking doesn't really excite me anymore. Rather, I'm looking over my hands, as they happen, and communicating with a few people other AIM or PM where we know how we play and think.

I also think the quality of posts/posters in this forum has deteriorated much quicker than anyone could have imagined and I'm not sure why- increased competition? could only keep a secret for so long? Numerous good posters have declared that they are 'out' of SSNL, as recent as today with dbitel, epdaws and someone else in that thread said. Why? You've never really, at least since I've been here, been a hand thread starter. Why? And I notice you post in some, but not many.

I like the SSNL COMMUNITY, as a way to meet, talk and connect with other players, but I think I'm over the hand posting stuff, for the most part.

So my question to you is- what could be done to retain some of the better posters who seem to be losing interest with that aspect of the SSNL forum? Because with the state of the game now, people aren't moving up as aggressively as they used to and are staying at SSNL levels well past the point of proficiency, to the point where they feel like they have nothing else to add. And while I feel that way I really wish I didn't, and am looking for some type of way that we can continue to get the good players/posters to contribute.

My response would be to eradicate the cheese thread. You, goofy, kolotoure, etc, a lot of posters spend all their time there and don't bother engaging in any hand discussions. We're all guilty. But essentially, I think that while the cheese thread may have 'bonded' some members of the community together by allowing them a chance to talk about the silly side of poker, or about non-poker happenings, ultimately it can be blamed for the demise of this forum. what do you think of the cheese thead, a place that you have dubbed at times your own personal blog ? I am sort of conflicted, and I think this post proves that, because the cheese thread is a place where we can show some personality and other interests outside of poker and talk different things, discover common goals, hear stories, etc. But at the same time I think it has really shifted the emphasis of the forum, in a way that is going to be less helpful to many of the posters/players. In a way, the cheese thread has become the 'cool' table of the lunchroom (SSNL) with regular hand threads becoming the 'uncool' tables.

Thanks

SAFETY EDIT: For anyone who wonders, I'm not trying to be a dick in the above post. I'm just wondering what he thinks about the state of this place, the decreasing quality of hand posts/ responses and the increased emphasis by all posters on the cheese thread as a way to communicate/hang out (and thus ignore the real reason the forum is set up)
Old 03-30-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What are your thoughts at SSNL bluffing? Show us a typical situation where you bluff (including villain reads please).

[/ QUOTE ]

^^^ ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to find examples of hands I posted where I bluffed large.

I have two theories when playing against half-decent/good players.

A: They cannot call their stack off with one pair in a non-3-bet pot
B: They cannot call a overbet on the river with 1 pair.

I use that to my advantage.

I would post some examples but I'd need to find the hands I posted earlier, I don't have any good examples in this database.

And yeah this stool [censored] sucks hard.
I been looking for an awesome leather heated/massage chair like I have in america, but for some reason chairs here are like 5x what they should be.