Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should chesherkat1 try again but with proper "bankroll" management, try to go totaly robusto, or jus
Keep playing but cautiously 1 16.67%
Fuckin' give'm hell 2 33.33%
Stop while you hover at 0 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Re: t-mac or melo

Really challenger, nobody likes you.

Go home.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pts rebound and assist numbers = best stats evar

[/ QUOTE ]
the problem is mc-grady has not been healthy all year... now that he's healthy he is playing better than carmelo

[/ QUOTE ]

michael redd gets more points and assists than dirk!!!

dirk only gets more rebounds!!!

therefore

michael redd > dirk

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, another worthless post. color me surprised. now instead of following it up with more pointless drivel, how about you weigh in on the thread topic?

[/ QUOTE ]

um, his analogy does weigh in on the topic. you're kind of a [censored].
Old 03-28-2007, 07:15 PM

wtf are you talking about? and i am home.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:15 PM

McGrady has averaged 4.6 assists per game and 6.3 rebounds per game. However, those numbers are significantly weighed down by the fact that he was only playing minimal minutes during his first few years in the league.

Carmelo averaged 2.9 assists and 5.6 rebounds per game.

There is no possible way that you can argue Melo is a better passer or rebounder.

Melo has greatly improved his shooting percentage the past few years. Two years ago, I would've said he wasn't as good of a scorer, but I think he is now.

Taking all this into account(scoring, rebounding, passing) I'd say its pretty even. When you factor in defense, I'll give the edge to McGrady.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:17 PM

denver also plays at a ridiculous pace... they may be higher than phoenix... which means more possessions... and more opportunities for points/rebs and assists...

i remember 3-4 years ago this discussion was between kobe and tmac.... it's a shame what's happened with tmac and his back.. i was convinced that tmac was better and still am... though now it's pretty clear who the better player is...

as for melo.... i always likened him to a rich man's glenn robinson.. though to his credit, big dog was a very good player in his prime.... melo is a bit limited though he's expanded his game a bit in the last couple of years.... tmac does it all and is also very underrated defensively just based off his physical stature(leaping ability and long arms)...

as for right now... melo is probably better going forward.... if i had to win one game, i'd also pick melo... though tmac if it wasn't for the injuries i would have thought he would go down as one of the best all-time... now kobe's probably going to be carrying that mantle...
Old 03-28-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
denver also plays at a ridiculous pace... they may be higher than phoenix... which means more possessions... and more opportunities for points/rebs and assists...

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I did indeed pick TMac overall, this argument would hold more merit if TMac shot a higher percentage than Melo. After adjusting to the league in his first two years, Melo clearly shoots a better percentage now than TMac.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I did indeed pick TMac overall, this argument would hold more merit if TMac shot a higher percentage than Melo. After adjusting to the league in his first two years, Melo clearly shoots a better percentage now than TMac.

[/ QUOTE ]

he shoots a lot more mid/short range shots, maybe most of it is better shot selection but he would be a much more dangerous player if was a consistent 3pt shooter.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:36 PM

well.. if you adjust minutes per game and pace... anthony shoots a higher percentage but that's just about all the edge that anthony has on him.... the edge in assists and rebounds become more pronounced as well as turnovers...
Old 03-28-2007, 09:19 PM

there is no edge in rebounds. anthony gets more rebounds than mcgrady. but you knew that already.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there is no edge in rebounds. anthony gets more rebounds than mcgrady. but you knew that already.

[/ QUOTE ]

McGrady has averaged 6.3 rebounds per game during his career, Melo has averaged 5.6. This is despite the fact that McGrady's career averages are hurt by his first few years when he didn't get a lot of playing time and that Denver plays at a fast pace which means theres more rebounds to be had.

Melo's highest yearly rebounding average was 6.1. Not counting his first two years when he didn't play much, TMac was ahead of 6.1 in 6 out of his 8 years, including one year with 7.9.