Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Free Weights vs Machines

All,

I'm not gonna bother addressing any of this drivel that already hasn't been. TimM and Arnett provide very poor recommendations based off... I don't really know what they base their information off.

But a Smith Machine is probably the most dangerous piece of equipment in the gym.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:38 PM

Welcome back from your vacation Thremp.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome back from your vacation Thremp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Somehow applying background probability is now a reason for vacations from 2p2.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:48 PM

FWIW I thought your post was really funny if you were joking, but also totally racist if not.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is exactly what I was talking about, doing anything past a 90degree angle causes serious injury and doesn't help any muscle group.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, and when I was a baby my mom put me on my stomach to sleep, now they put babies on their backs, your info is like so 20 years ago. Going deep in squats makes you a lot stronger and you'll jet past sticking points that will occur if you only train at 90 degrees.

And regarding the prop bet, you've got to be joking right? It's clear you just don't know how to use weights, if you think you can add more pounds to a core exercise by doing machines you are on crack. It’s not even a race…
Old 03-29-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TimM and Arnett provide very poor recommendations based off... I don't really know what they base their information off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I was asking for recommendations, not providing them.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your info is like so 20 years ago. Going deep in squats makes you a lot stronger and you'll jet past sticking points that will occur if you only train at 90 degrees.

And regarding the prop bet, you've got to be joking right? It's clear you just don't know how to use weights, if you think you can add more pounds to a core exercise by doing machines you are on crack. It’s not even a race…

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I am totally clueless, the fact that I have been the strongest to my weight in middle school, high school and college all mean nothing. Keep up with the great advice.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
your info is like so 20 years ago. Going deep in squats makes you a lot stronger and you'll jet past sticking points that will occur if you only train at 90 degrees.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I am totally clueless, the fact that I have been the strongest to my weight in middle school, high school and college all mean nothing. Keep up with the great advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, how exactly do you know you are the strongest for your weight? Did your college have some kind of schoolwide strongman competition with weight classes, or are you just talking out of your ass?

Maybe you are the strongest guy on the machines cause really strong people don't use machines.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually I was asking for recommendations, not providing them.

[/ QUOTE ]

TimM, fwiw, I think rehabbing knees is one of the few things machines are good for but I'd talk to a physical therapist about what to do specifically.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you are totally clueless, especially since you think your good genes and strong muscles have anything to do with the quality of fitness knowledge you dispense (or lack thereof).