Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 03:05 AM

Default Re: Why did he play it like this? J9dd 15/30

Holla. I did this for j00 danzasmack.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

River: (8.70 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 10.70 BB

Results below:
Hero has 7d 7c (one pair, sevens).
MP has Kc Ah (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins 10.70 BB.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:53 AM

[censored]. This thread probably just made the games tougher.

-DeathDonkey
Old 03-29-2007, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Danza I totally empathize, I have a problem where I don't think any good players are really that good. I tend to focus on things I see them do that I perceive as wrong and ignore things they do well and possibly better than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds exactly like me and I'm pretty sure it's one of many reasons I don't win that much online. Even when people have reasonable numbers and play okay I see them do something I wouldn't do and think "that's dumb, why would he do that?" and think they're okay but naturally assume I'm better. For example, I'm pretty sure if I played with Mike L online I'd think he sucked, but of the three times or so we've played live, I thought he played very well and creatively, and the time he was running the best and most confident it was like being stuck in a hurricane, an experience I would really rather not go through again. Personally I feel like I just play better live and do whatever I think needs to be done, but online I feel like I fall into a "play X hand this way in this spot blah blah" routine that leads to me not even coming close to maximizing value on far too many hands.

As for the hand, I love the way the hero played it and wished I did more things like that in every game I play. When I used to make plays like this with my decent hands I was winning lots more, probably from the decent players for the most part. Now I feel like I'm either really straightforward or really spewy and it's not that difficult to play against me. I still have no problem beating retards or against tight players that are incapable of playing OOP, but against even moderately tricky players I feel like I don't know what to do too often, against players making plays like the Hero in this hand I'm sure I'd be helpless and donate way too much money to them.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:48 AM

DD [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Best was at the start of this thread most people didnt even like the c/r now they're gonna think its the best thing since sliced bread.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I like how this happens. And just think about those threads from like 1.5 years ago where the common theme was "The games will be good forever."
Old 03-29-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Sorry. But the whole "nobdoy else is good at poker" but all of 2p2 is beating the games is a huge crock of bs I was sick of trying to stomach as i read the boards.

Then we always find like random guys who aren't 2p2ers who "play SO WEIRD but CRUSH".

I just feel so stupid for taking this long to put it all together.

Was I reference to as a "j00"? Miles your name on stars is really YSSCKY?

I didn't play limit hold'em yesterday. Then I will begin making this play until someone pwns me with it 2x. Then obv start c/r'ing the river.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was I reference to as a "j00"? Miles your name on stars is really YSSCKY?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, j00 = you. Yes my Stars name is YSSCKY. Used to be HoldMyBoner but some grandmas thought that was despicable so I thought I should let them know how I felt about them through the popular acronym.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:31 PM

miles you are growing on me i must admit.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:32 PM

Shorthanded players must stick together to battle those who would check overpairs in huge multiway pots.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:34 PM

ya sometimes when i read that forum its like bizzaro world. i usually just write it off to being a live thing.