Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Nl100 qq and uhh.....

[ QUOTE ]
Why is the spade draw unlikely- all in with a flush draw is generally what I would think of someone massivle overbetting all in on the flop like that with the flush draw out. Set or draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhhh, we dont know that villian is goin to go ai when we make our bet. sooo before he have the info of his ai his range is still wide.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:01 PM

I tried something similar earlier today.. I promtly felt i should do something else for a bit as punishment.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.50/$1 Blinds
9 Players
Lego Poker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $303.30
BB: $94.90
UTG: $22.25
UTG+1: $100.25
MP1: $102.20
<font color="black">Hero (MP2): $101.50</font>
MP3: $97
CO: $45.20
BTN: $89.75

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1.50, 9 Players)
UTG calls $1, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls $1, MP3 folds, CO folds, BTN raises to $3, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls $2, Hero raises to $12, BTN calls $9, UTG folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($28.50, 2 Players)
Hero bets $12, BTN raises to $48.. Hero pushes

Villain shows &gt;&gt; ????

In hindsight.. what exactly was i hoping for here. I was hoping for him to get agro and put me on AK (clubs maybe) which he did.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:06 PM

The reason you have no idea what to do here is because of the way you played the hand.

Most likely you are beat and should fold.

However, by 1) limp reraising, and 2) underbetting the flop, you have no idea where you stand.

He could either 1) respect your limp reraise and is saying he can beat KK/QQ, or 2) pushing you off your weak flop bet thinking that your weak bet means AK.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:10 PM

^^^ agreed! that is why i went to do something else.. its frankly embarassing..
Old 03-29-2007, 03:15 PM

I don't even know how to respond based on our stupid flop lead...I really don't think this accomplishes anything different than making a standard 2/3---3/4 pot bet. It loses value when he flat calls with worse hands and puts us through the ringer when he does this.

If you made this weak lead thinking he'd think that you were weak and come over the top then wtf are you posting this question for? You got what you wanted. If you are in the habit of making silly little flop bets like this it's good that you are posting this hand.

In general I don't ever assume, readless, that villian will think anything in particular of the size of my bet and act accordingly. If anything I think a lot of recreational players think a small bet is more suspicious than a big one. Basically I don't think this little bet does anything productive. Anything he'd raise AI with based on your bet he'd do based on a standard c-bet.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:33 PM

^^^^ yup.. i agree with you Dougie.. and its not a habit thank God.. It would probably make sense to experiment mentally rather than with money.

The only possible benefit I can see from the entire play, is that an obersvant player would put a nice note on me saying "this guy is retarded", which he would promtly reap the reward from if this line were repeated.

I guess villain sees..
Draw is priced to call (thanks for the free card chump),
Set can RR (thanks for the free money chump),
Over pair can take his pick (thanks for the choice chump).

I have no clue which villain is choosing from the above and i am barely ahead any of them... bad, bad, bad.

The standard 3/4 cbet is the best line here.. raising less does not provide any information and just adds to the problems..