Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Very important question!!! Had $1800 worth of fraud!!! Help!

[ QUOTE ]
It would be very hard for someone to access that info to deposit, but anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

??? It's not that hard at all. Easy actually. She initally signed up and paid the fitness club by monthly direct debits from her bank account. Once that was done, the fitness club had her bank account information necessary for direct debits. Once she quit the fitness club, they would still have the information to do direct debits from her bank account.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This sounds like a typical charge back. Guy is obviously trying to find a reason to keep the money and do not pay collections.

This is BEYOND obvious in a gambling world.

1. Guy deposits 1800 to the site.
2. Loses it.
3. Bank returns due to "fraud".
4. eChecks puts him on collection.
5. Comes here.

I would not help him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe so. But neither of us really know. If you don't believe that internet fraud is another possibility, or that a third party bill collector would continue to harass an innocent victim, you are in "la la land."

So, OP: If you owe the money, pay it. If you don't, make yourself familiar with the fair debt collection practices act. You can end the harassment with that.

Finally, many states have a requirement that a third party bill collector be licensed or registered in the state in which he/she is harassing people. Often, they are not (these companies operate nationwide, usually). Check and see if your state requires the harasser to be registered or licensed. in my state, this can be done on line, and you can tell if he/she holds a license on line. if they don't, call your state AG's office, who will then begin harassing them.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a frequent visitor of the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was illegal to play online

[/ QUOTE ]

99.9% of the posts on here are about playing online. Therefore, you are a liar. Also, if your bank account gets robbed, why would you go to a poker community for help? Plus, your story doesn't even make sense. People, stop helping the scammer scam please.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:50 PM

Listen, I need to chime in here. You need to resolve this with the collection agency. They can and most likely will hit your credit even though you might not have authorized these charges. Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and the FDCPA it allows them to place someone in collections on behalf on the original creditor. And remember the original creditor is not PokerStars. It's with their processing company PStarpayments.com which is separate from gambling. They can and will argue that they are just collecting on the transaction from your bank account to their client, which is not gamlbing. However you chose to use those funds at that point is legally up to you. All of this is outlined in Pokerstars, and pstarpayments terms and conditions. Their parent company is called G2pay.com and they are legitimate company.

Now what I can tell you is that you CAN get around this by just filing a police report for idenity theft or fraud and get that to the collection agency and they will most likely close your account.

By chance is this collection agency called JMC? If so, please email me at iansjob283@yahoo.ca .
Old 04-04-2007, 02:01 AM

JMC is a collection agency for all gambling merchants, firepay, neteller, e-check processors etc.
But they stopped taking payments on Neteller accounts after the arrests. Also copy of an affadavit filed at the bank should be enough, there is no need to file a police report.

Also the bank probably gave you a provisional credit, meanwhile they do an investigation, if they don't take it back within certain period of time (banks ovb. vary) its yours.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:21 AM

An affadavit is not enough. Anyone can get one from their bank. Remember, the bank is on YOUR side, and wants to keep YOU as a customer, so of course they will charge it back.

JMC requires a police report in order to close a file. I would get one to them asap as you don't want your credit ruined by stupid B.S.