Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2007, 02:47 AM

Default Re: Big pot brewing... deep wpt hand.

Check behind the Turn, see a showdown, and let him push back on the River (in a controlled pot) at the aggressive young guy that older guys don't like being pushed around by (or value bet his 98 or whatever he has). Even if the board is your kickers, you may still chop if he has an Ace. Live players are bad, they do random or emotional [censored] like online players that you have to factor into the equation. Inflating the pot and not seeing a showdown here with an Ace sucks (IMO w/some hindsight of course)
Old 03-24-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check behind the Turn, see a showdown, and let him push back on the River (in a controlled pot) at the aggressive young guy that older guys don't like being pushed around by (or value bet his 98 or whatever he has). Even if the board is your kickers, you may still chop if he has an Ace. Live players are bad, they do random or emotional [censored] like online players that you have to factor into the equation. Inflating the pot and not seeing a showdown here with an Ace sucks (IMO w/some hindsight of course)

[/ QUOTE ]

wait this is the second reply that has addressed what ansky should do with his specific hand.... but didn't he omit his hand from the op?
Old 03-24-2007, 02:52 AM

Mastr,

I pretty much have the same range as you, plus a doubtful JJ. I don't see how we are thinking so differently.

If you argue to never call on turn, cause the old guy is willing to get it all in either way, then it doesn't really matter if we call or raise. On the river he will go AI then. Meh.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:54 AM

mlagoo,

yes, some people are responding as if they know Ansky's hand. Without knowing that, we can't really be sure if Ansky wants pot control, build a pot, blah blah, so I am not sure why they are addressing his action.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:58 AM

why the [censored] are people telling me to check behind?!

YOU DONT KNOW MY HAND
Old 03-24-2007, 03:08 AM

untrue, everyone has cards they don't want to see come that will shut them down no matter how unlikely it is. say he's 666 we're 888 and river comems A. There goes us geteting the rest of his chips. never ever ever call this turn bet
Old 03-24-2007, 03:09 AM

i don't know what they're talking about. I think I answered everything you asked, thoughts/opinions esp on my range %'s
Old 03-24-2007, 03:12 AM

I'm pretty sure Ansky has a boat or air here. I don't know that much about your play but when you full pot the turn I'm pretty confident it's because you want to get allin or you have air.

edit: Air seems to make no sense here because I don't know why you'd bluff a ace high board in position and than fire a second barrell when nobody folds trips. A6/A8 don't make too much sense with pf so I'm saying I'm pretty sure Ansky has 66 or 88. Which makes this a really sick spot I can't imagine folding 88 but 66 is very close.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:14 AM

this thread is like the new and unimproved HSNL x 10....ugh.

okay, mastr probably has his hand range although I shade it more towards boats and less towards AJ-AQ. but since I don't think you ever have Ax where x < Q by this point, kickers don't much matter. so, umm, fold AJ and down, and you can probably shrug and shove the bigger aces since you can't really do much else.

oh yeah - with 88/66, I'm just calling in case the river double pairs the board. no sense in shoving, we'll get it in on a non-counterfeiting river regardless.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:35 AM

Yes, exactly.

Obviously fold AJ, AQ+ I also probably shove, and with 88/66 I am just smoothcalling on the turn cause villain will go AI on river.