Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2007, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Kobe... 50 in 4th straight game...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

okay im guessing you meannt to switch kobe with steve nash the first time you used it (since i said id pick nash not kobe)

anwyay...

to put it in a different way

nash is surronded by 5 players that are rated as 5,8.5,8,7,7
b/c of nash he makes them 6.5, 9.5., 9, 8, 8.5
for a net gain of 6.5

[/ QUOTE ]
Since these numbers are completely arbitrary it's kind of hard to make sense of them.
However you can only list 4 people Nash improves at once. Unless Phoenix plays with 6 people on the floor or you give credit to Nash for making himself better.
If you think Amare or Marion are 8 or 8.5 I think you are really wrong, of course I have no idea if I'm right or wrong since those numbers mean nothing to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes they are arbitrary and unless you can point to a better scale than i will use mine.

now you probably thought you were pretty smart about the fact that i had 5 scores listed and nash.

are you aware that in the nba you are not required to play your starting lineup at all times????
because of this little rule steve nash makes bench players better as well.

btw amare is the 9.5.
and shawn is the 9.

p.s. the scale is out of 10 i think that fact is rather obvious.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd give Kobe a 45% shot of getting 6 games, a 12% shot of tying the record, and a 6% shot of breaking it.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts are that I can track you down in a standard-sized ring within 3 minutes and hit you at least once.

Your latest post is only slightly more idiotic.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:36 AM

Can we have one goddamned NBA thread that doesn't degenerate into a pissing match about how good Steve Nash is or is not?
Old 03-24-2007, 02:40 AM

Thank God someone FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY made a thread about Kobe.

I check this damn forum every day in hopes someone else made a thread about Kobe but I never see it.

Trust me everyone, you are watching a once in a generation player.

Kobe Bean Bryant is one of the top 3 basketball players that have ever lived. There is also a very strong possiblity that by the time his career is over he might actually be considered the greatest player of all time.

The problem is the that Jordan revolutionized the game. Not only on the court, but also off the court. Jordan is resposible for how companies now use players as their main marketing campaigns. Jordan is a legend. Jordan is a God.

I am hesistant to say it, but I think Kobe might acutally be a more skilled.

Nobody will ever match Jordan's "clutchness." Jordan will always transcend the sport based on his buzzer beaters. There are too many to remember, let alone name......
Old 03-24-2007, 02:44 AM

Steve Nash is such a piece of [censored].

Are you people that [censored] stupid not to realize that Nash is nothing without the ability to run a retarded offense like they run in Phoenix????????????

Nash plays along side some of the best players in the NBA.

NASH IS A SYSTEM PLAYER.

NASH IS A SYSTEM PLAYER.

NASH IS A SYSTEM PLAYER.

What happens if Nash is on the Atlanta Hawks?

The Celtics?

The Grizz?

etc.....

Wake the [censored] up.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'd give Kobe a 45% shot of getting 6 games, a 12% shot of tying the record, and a 6% shot of breaking it.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

PM me if you are serious with those numbers. I would love to bet money with the odds.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-24-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

yes they are arbitrary and unless you can point to a better scale than i will use mine.

[/ QUOTE ]
How about using any accepted basketball metric? You don't need to use something complicated like PER or eFG or anything crazy.

[ QUOTE ]

now you probably thought you were pretty smart about the fact that i had 5 scores listed and nash.
are you aware that in the nba you are not required to play your starting lineup at all times????

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is the bench player improving more than the starters?
Unless the 5 is supposed to represent the whole bench. I guess excluding Nash's backup or people who never play with Nash (12th man)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I got that, but the numbers themselves are arbitrary as there is no base. Is 5 an average player? Is 0 a replacement level player? Is it normally distributed? Or lineally distributed? It sounds like I'm being a giant stat nerd, but this stuff is really important.

KingNeo,
How do you think Nash would perform playing in another system say the 2000-2003 Dallas Mavericks. Would he be an MVP caliber play then?
Old 03-24-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Steve Nash is such a piece of [censored].

Are you people that [censored] stupid not to realize that Nash is nothing without the ability to run a retarded offense like they run in Phoenix????????????

Nash plays along side some of the best players in the NBA.

NASH IS A SYSTEM PLAYER.

NASH IS A SYSTEM PLAYER.

NASH IS A SYSTEM PLAYER.

What happens if Nash is on the Atlanta Hawks?

The Celtics?

The Grizz?

etc.....

Wake the [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. you realize kobe plays in a TRIANGLE system made by phil jackson.

should i scream that kobe is a SYSTEM PLAYER no, because only retards would do that.

not lets look at Steve Nash before his time in phoenix
shoots 40% and better from 3.
hovers around 90% for ft
around 48% from the field.
avg is 7+ ast and 15 pts a game.

yah real system player.

the truth is steve can play on any team that has a fast paced offence with big men that can do more than take up space.

p.s. as for some teams that steve would do good with, i think he would make the wizards exceptional.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How about using any accepted basketball metric? You don't need to use something complicated like PER or eFG or anything crazy.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is the bench player improving more than the starters?
Unless the 5 is supposed to represent the whole bench. I guess excluding Nash's backup or people who never play with Nash (12th man)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I got that, but the numbers themselves are arbitrary as there is no base. Is 5 an average player? Is 0 a replacement level player? Is it normally distributed? Or lineally distributed? It sounds like I'm being a giant stat nerd, but this stuff is really important.

KingNeo,
How do you think Nash would perform playing in another system say the 2000-2003 Dallas Mavericks. Would he be an MVP caliber play then?

[/ QUOTE ]

to me there is diminishing returns.

an elite player can only get so much better.
i.e. its a lot easier to improve from a .220 hitter to a .280 as opposed to .300 to .340 (which is a smaller jump)

obviously you need some skill in order for the "nash effect" to take place.(if me and nash play, i wont be better)

p.s. i love talking/debating about sports and none of my stances are ironclad, so feel free to share how you view kobe vs. nash.

edit for the ps comments.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:21 AM

Ah yes, what a surprise, Assani hasn't posted in this thread and probably won't again.