Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2007, 04:24 AM

Default Re: Angus 1/3lb burger for McD\'s

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see the point of using an allegedly better quality of meat when you are still frying it on the same crappy grill and throwing it in the same warming bins as McDonald's does.

At least Burger King has the flame broiled thing going for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come to Argentina... better meat makes a world of difference. You have no idea how much better McDonald's is here.

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, McDonald's switched to straight Argentinian meat for its burgers for a little while. The backlash was huge. McD's had to add fat to the lean meat to get US consumers the 'taste' they craved.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i just read that article. how is this thing selling so well in california? i thought the trend was for fast food places to get healthier. i forgot the name of that documentary in which the guy eat McDonalds every meal for a month, but anyways, im really really surprised McDonalds chose to go this route. With that said, I can't wait to try one! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

super size me by Morgan Spurlock he had a show on fx (i think) in which he or someone did something for 30 days a la religious catholic, muslim etc.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

They have chili cheese fries now. Yum!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nature's percfect food - protein, starch, dairy, meat, and if you get them with onions - vegetables.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i just read that article. how is this thing selling so well in california? i thought the trend was for fast food places to get healthier. i forgot the name of that documentary in which the guy eat McDonalds every meal for a month, but anyways, im really really surprised McDonalds chose to go this route. With that said, I can't wait to try one! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

super size me by Morgan Spurlock he had a show on fx (i think) in which he or someone did something for 30 days a la religious catholic, muslim etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people just don't care that it's unhealthy. It's cheap and it kinda tastes good. As long as you don't eat it 3x a day, you won't die in 30 days.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:16 PM

Why anyone in California would buy this is beyond me. We have freakin IN-N-OUT for crissakes. I don't even go to McD's anymore. Only thing about In-N-Out is the long lines sometimes. Even Fatburger is better.

Plus with all the health freaks out here, I'm surprised it's actually doing well. Everyone here is on Atkins/South Beach/add trendy diet here.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:41 PM

I've had this. It's mediocre -- taste like another McDonald's burger. It's not bad, but there's some bizarre extra flavoring in it to trick you into thinking you're having "angus."

Like ThaHero said, I just ended up going back to my old staples of In N Out, Astro, Fatburger, and occasional frightening awesomeness of Jack In the Box's Ultimate Cheeseburger.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They tried going healthy. It failed miserably.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:47 PM

Eff that. Wendy's still has the 3/4 lb. triple.

McDonald's should get a 1 lb. burger to beat them out.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hardees Thickburgers FTW. of course, thier fries suck balls so you still have to swing by McD's Drive Thru for the fries.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have chili cheese fries now. Yum!

[/ QUOTE ]

adding grade F meat with sauce and powdered cheese to the worst fast food fries does nothing for me. I'd still rather go to McD's for fries, or sonic for cheese tots to go with my thickburger.

I still can't figure out why McD's doesn't make it's veggieburger nationwide. I know so many vegetarians that love McD's fries, and would eat whatever cardboard "veggieburger" McD's would put on the menu.

Hell, if they'd sell veggie burgers as good as Boca burgers at a reasonable price, i'd buy them on occasion.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still can't figure out why McD's doesn't make it's veggieburger nationwide.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably issues with cooking and storing them without getting tainted by meat.