Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Re: LOL @ perhaps the most misused phrase of the year.

[ QUOTE ]
"That damn free market Darwinism. There should be a rule against unscrupulous competent competition taking customers away from lovable perennial screwups."

This may be the most mistaken analysis I have ever read on 2+2. Unless you just dropped in on the industry, you should know about the direct, pervasive interference by the government with the operation of a free market for online poker services. Even the title of the thread MIGHT give you a clue. Planet did well in a free market and made millions from offering its services over 9 years.

The decision to shut-down real money poker by Planet was NOT a reaction to competition in a free market. Unless you are completely out of touch, you might be aware of the UIGE Act and its impact on the flow of money and services across US borders. .... Remember Party Poker ? They closed out their US business because of interference with the free market by the US.

(I would venture to guess that the owners of Planet Poker, those "lovable buffoons" probably made more money from doing "very good" at poker in nine years than you will see in a life-time.)

Of course, I could be wrong and, Mr. Cheese, you might be a secret entrepeneur of the century, instead of a wannabe online poker evaluator. Who knows ? (I am often mistaken.)

[/ QUOTE ]

My, my, is somebody having a bad day?
Old 03-25-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Re: LOL @ perhaps the most misused phrase of the year.

[ QUOTE ]

This may be the most mistaken analysis I have ever read on 2+2. Unless you just dropped in on the industry, you should know about the direct, pervasive interference by the government with the operation of a free market for online poker services. Even the title of the thread MIGHT give you a clue. Planet did well in a free market and made millions from offering its services over 9 years.

The decision to shut-down real money poker by Planet was NOT a reaction to competition in a free market. Unless you are completely out of touch, you might be aware of the UIGE Act and its impact on the flow of money and services across US borders. ....

[/ QUOTE ]

Planet was on it's last legs well before the legislation. It was barely hanging on.