I will work on it after nightfall
Old 04-02-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: POG Championship Entry-Chuck #2

Final hint
<font color="white"> Back to the cats </font>
Old 04-03-2007, 02:39 PM

Full Answer <font color="white">
forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=9674626&amp;an=0&amp ;page=0#Post9674626
Once again, the names of the pictures directs the solver to go back to the wiki page. This time at the bottom is a message saying that this doesn’t work, and to go back to the pictures. This time the writing does matter. The top part is a rebus puzzle, spelling out Megaupload. The bottom part of the writing is the extension. So the answer to part one is

megaupload.com/?d=IVSTCBSC
There they download a counterstrike movie. No knowledge of the game is required to solve this part. Instead they have to look what changes each kill. At the top right after each kill it shows the name of the player, and the name of the player they killed. Each kill the name changes. If you write the list of names used you notice the first letter of each spells out “You should try again.” Try another way, by taking the end of each name you get gfaqsboard#586665. Go to gamefaqs.com, and at any board you go to there is a number at the end of the URL. Replace that number with 586665. This leads you to
boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=586665

This board has one message from me. A list of numbers. The next post is a gimmick I made asking myself “WTF is this”. Then I respond with the Chuckles account telling my gimmick to go back from where I came. Going back to where you came was a subtle hint to go back to the cat pics. The list of numbers is a code for each letter. The first number indicates which cat picture to use. The second number is for which word. The third number is for which letter. If you try this you get “theanswerislynchdurron.
</font>

Not sure if this wasn't solvable or if people stopped caring...
Old 04-03-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Full Answer <font color="white">
forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=9674626&amp;an=0&amp ;page=0#Post9674626
Once again, the names of the pictures directs the solver to go back to the wiki page. This time at the bottom is a message saying that this doesn’t work, and to go back to the pictures. This time the writing does matter. The top part is a rebus puzzle, spelling out Megaupload. The bottom part of the writing is the extension. So the answer to part one is

megaupload.com/?d=IVSTCBSC
There they download a counterstrike movie. No knowledge of the game is required to solve this part. Instead they have to look what changes each kill. At the top right after each kill it shows the name of the player, and the name of the player they killed. Each kill the name changes. If you write the list of names used you notice the first letter of each spells out “You should try again.” Try another way, by taking the end of each name you get gfaqsboard#586665. Go to gamefaqs.com, and at any board you go to there is a number at the end of the URL. Replace that number with 586665. This leads you to
boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=586665

This board has one message from me. A list of numbers. The next post is a gimmick I made asking myself “WTF is this”. Then I respond with the Chuckles account telling my gimmick to go back from where I came. Going back to where you came was a subtle hint to go back to the cat pics. The list of numbers is a code for each letter. The first number indicates which cat picture to use. The second number is for which word. The third number is for which letter. If you try this you get “theanswerislynchdurron.
</font>

Not sure if this wasn't solvable or if people stopped caring...

[/ QUOTE ]

holy jeebus that's crazy. awesome crazy though.