FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Sixes\' Fitness Log

3/30/2007

Weight: 233 (-17 lbs.)
Body Fat: 29% (68 lbs.)

Workout:
Elliptical Machine for 60 min.
Felt really beat last night, so I thought I'd go to bed early. Woke up at 3:45 AM anyway, but got in yesterday's upper-body workout

5X

Chest Press LR X5
Overhead Press LR X5
One arm row LR X5
Upright row X5

Yesterday was a good day, mentally, for me, but physically I was pretty beat. I had a big meal at Panda Express yesterday. Tried to eat as good as possible, but I know it wasn't great (mandarin chicken with steamed vegetables). I don't know what to do about this sleep thing. Sleeping pills are a guaranteed way to throw my blood chemistry out of whack. I am short on patience with my daughter, and that just isn't me.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:57 AM

SS,

Nutrition: Macro-wise, you know what to do. On a micro-level, make sure you're having a multi-vite. Consider adding fish-oil caps and calcium if you aren't already.

Cardio: Switch it up. "Eliptical for 60 mins" was probably low intensity lameness. Interval train at higher intensities, and switch machines (treadmill, erg, recumbent bike, eliptical) if that keeps you motivated.

Lifting: I liked your kettleball workouts. Even on "upper-body days" try to get in some sort of posterior chain motions.

Good progress and good luck.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:24 PM

Oh, also, drink a lotta water. Especially since you're on a thermogenic.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Snatch X5

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow! Your sex life has improved dramatically as well. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Actually, I hadn't seen Sixes in a couple of weeks until yesterday and the results really are amazing. The pounds dropped are very noticeable, as is the improvement in his color and skin tone.

Also, the attitude and outlook seems a lot better, but maybe that's just due to the "snatch" routine....

Keep it up bro. You are making it work and it fits you well. nihan! Slacka
Old 03-30-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SS,

Nutrition: Macro-wise, you know what to do. On a micro-level, make sure you're having a multi-vite. Consider adding fish-oil caps and calcium if you aren't already.

Cardio: Switch it up. "Eliptical for 60 mins" was probably low intensity lameness. Interval train at higher intensities, and switch machines (treadmill, erg, recumbent bike, eliptical) if that keeps you motivated.

Lifting: I liked your kettleball workouts. Even on "upper-body days" try to get in some sort of posterior chain motions.

Good progress and good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

AB-

I'll add a multi. Good call. As for the elliptical, there is a certain part of this that is mental for me and doing Tabatas makes me just suck it up and get it done, it's quick . There's something I get out of spending an hour on the elliptical listening to that little voice in my head that gives me nothing but reasons why it's ok for me to get off and stop. I fight that bastard the whole time, get off the machine at the end of when I said I would, see how many calories I burned by fighting my tendency to take the easy way out, and win a personal battle for that day that shows me that I am changing on the inside as well.

As far as the KBs go, I am doing swings, figure 8s, and other posterior chain moves about 5 days a week.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:52 PM

Grats...Keep up the goodwork [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2007, 12:02 PM

3/31/2007

Weight: 234 (-15 lbs.)
Body Fat: 28.8% (66 lbs.)

Yesterday's Workout:
Tabata KB Swings

I am getting a little frustrated with the actual number on the scale. I've always been a very good weight loser once I start. Despite the fact that I've only dropped one pound of weight in the last six days (if my body composition scale can be trusted) I have lost 7 pounds of fat and gained 9 pounds of lean weight.

I appreciate Slacker telling me he can tell a difference (and Skip for the encouragement), I don't see enough people on a regular basis to have any other basis for my improvement. I wonder if only weighing myself once a week will help with my frustration, but I really doubt I can do that. I think I have only been paying attention to calorie content and not enough to the type of foods I'm eating. I've probably been eating too much starch in the form of cereals, breads and potatoes and not enough fruit and vegetables. I don't really get hungry during the day, just at night.

Here's my plan of attack for next week:
Combination Warrior/Neolithic diet - I'm going to lightly graze on fruit, vegetables, and nuts throughout the day. Then I will have one big night time meal consisting of lettuce then protein.

At this point, I just need to have goals both short term and long term. This week has the potential to be emotionally stressful for me, so if I have a goal and obsession that I can control it will make the circumstances that I can't control much less important. I know that I need to be obsessed about something to get there and the birthday party in three weeks is a big deal for many many reasons. I think if I can look drastically different on that day, it will be huge for my self-confidence and outlook.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:16 PM

4/1/2007

Weight: 232 (-18 lbs.)
Body Fat: 27% (63 lbs.)*

Yesterday's Workout:
Kettlebell Circuit X5

Deadlift X8
Pull X8
Clean X8
Snatch X8

This workout totally kills me, way worse than a Tabata. I know I should be squatting, but it seems like my posterior chain is getting quite a workout from this that I don't know if there would be an added benefit. Start the warrior diet today. We'll see how that goes.

*That's down from 73 a week ago.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:57 AM

4/1/2007

Weight: 232 (-18 lbs.)
Body Fat: 27% (63 lbs.)

Yesterday's Workout: Active rest, went for an 8 mile hike . . . didn't touch a kettlebell.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:55 PM

Keep up the good work. Its very important that you do this, as I know you know.

I was a big runner until about 2 years ago when I had surgery on my hip. I mixed in other cardio before the surgery (swimming and biking) but really fell in love with rowing about 7 years ago when I moved to the UK. Rowing is big in the UK but not so much here. After the surgery I knew I had to do something so I got myself my own machine which I love. The greatest thing about rowing to me is that you can turn the fittest person into butter in about 3 minutes of all out rowing. Its a rare sport in the US, but is the best cardio + strength combo (and stand alone cardio) I've ever done. Zero impact.

A bit pricey, but well worth it and they are the industry standard and never break:

http://www.concept2.com/us/default.asp