Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 07:06 PM

Default Re: AA smooth call in position pf

[ QUOTE ]
1 - I really think you should 4 bet preflop, I have a feeling you will get called by QQ/KK/AA/AK, and I'm pretty sure the villain has one of these hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

have any of you played with this guy? we've played together quite a bit and he doesn't respect a open button raise in the least. there's a ton of stuff he'll fold if i 4-bet. obv, if i'm oop i'll 4-bet and obv if he's an unknown or looser i'll 4-bet. i like smooth calling pf vs this villain.

[ QUOTE ]
2 - Why the hell not bet the flop, AK makes up a massive part of his range here, you are betting for value, you are making him pay over the odds to beat your hand, instead of giving him a free card to spike and beat your hand. Yeah if he had KK its WA/WB, but if he had AK and you shut him out right there and he folded and never spiked his 3rd king on the turn, then you have won a pot you should not have.

[/ QUOTE ]

we're HU and he 3bet oop pf. the only flush draw he could really have is AQ/KQ. i can't see him checking either of these unless it was w/ the intention of crai. this villain is also betting the flop w/ AK. when he checks the flop i put his range at 88+ and air. vs this range i like a check, i have one pair and don't want to bloat the pot w/ 2 streets of betting left.

[ QUOTE ]
3 - As played I feel we have to bet the river, if he had a King he would of come out betting the turn. I think you will get looked up by QQ/JJ here because simply he won't think you have AA and won't credit you for a King. I am also betting so he doesnt KNOW I smooth call him with AA preflop, I'd prefer this hand to be resolved without a showdown personally.

[/ QUOTE ] i 100% agree that not betting this river is "crimnal" as another poster pointed out. betting 14 and folding to a raise will get paid off by QQ/JJ a large majority of the time. i don't mind showing down AA here

[ QUOTE ]
4 - As played I'm probably folding at the turn.

[/ QUOTE ] this is burning money. the whole reason i checked the flop was because i'm crushing his range and want him to bluff at me. i was HAPPY to see the K on the turn.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:12 PM

A few things:

1) Preflop is ok, lots of people don't 4bet here. Honestly it depends on how often you 4bet other hands and what your range for doing that is.

2) Once you smoothcall preflop the rest of this hand is standard imo, checking the flop here gets you more value when ahead and losses less when behind since you can get more value out of QQ/JJ, and you are probably stacking off against KK and 99/TT since he will play them like AK here.

3) river check is ok depending how light you think he will look you up, You can probably get away with a wide range of river bets here, a psb might get a hero call if he thinks you are bluffing. but I'd just bet like $12 or something.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:25 PM

bah I still think checking this flop isn't the best play (not horribly wrong). The board is really wet and there are SOME worse hands that are calling a bet. Also, the fact that this is a blind battle adds a few more marignal hands into villian's range (including suited cards, 2 broadways etc.) I think all the flop-checkers are being way too narrow with villian's range ... (you're not even including AK for pete's sake).
Old 03-22-2007, 10:39 PM

fetti,

I took AK out because I figured it would bet such a wet board most of the time.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:29 PM

if you're happy the king fell i don't see why you check behind on river, if you don't give him credit for a king then you're checking behind for fear of a nine or pocket tens? seems quite nitty to me