Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Conscious of Unconscious - Paradox?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure that most of the time we access the unconscious, we do so retroactively, as others have noted. We become aware of some such thing that, for example, Freud said, and go, aha, that explains it! But can we do it as it happens?I'm starting to think the conscious/unconscious divide is far too simple, that's it's really a matter of multiple degrees of consciousness, and we should work at discovering deeper degrees.

[/ QUOTE ]

A "Mystic" in the classical sense perceives into himself and experiences his inner workings. This is a very difficult route and there must be preparation of character prior to this type of activity for flaws in character can result in psychic degeneration/destruction(better words?). The mystical approach calls for a "cleansing" process which is another word for purification of soul. This ,of course, can take a lifetime. This is also not "hindsight".

"Hindsight" only comes into consideration when thinking attempts to perceives itself. Thinking otherwise perceives "in the moment".
Old 03-22-2007, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Conscious of Unconscious - Paradox?

[ QUOTE ]
Attempting to provide training that only uses and addresses the unconscious "mind" and doesn't utilize the conscious "mind" inevitably (by definition) creates an imbalance and conflicted Mind

[/ QUOTE ]

This I can actually attest to from personal experience; though it made me unhealthy, I learned a lot about myself.